[BNE] Mid Week Mountain Run

So, i'm gonna go on another run up nebo this Wednesday coming...

if anyone else is interested, let me know...

plan at this stage would be to meet at the loop at say 8pm and leave there 8.30 or 9.00... depends on what everyone wants to do...

i tend to keep to the speed limit up there, so if someone else wants to lead, i'm all for that... :)

cya

ash.

Edited by SecaBoy

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm definitely up for this one. I said I would be originally. I think Mick would like to tag along as well... in my car.

I stick to the speed limit as well :ph34r: , but I'd be more than happy to lead... even though my tires aren't as grippy as they used to be.

i would come along if i am able to tag along with someone starlet had a good hard run tonight so who wants me in their passenger seat??

Oops. Someone bumped this to the previous meets section a little too soon. Anyways, if no one is willing to give you a shotgun ride, I have a spare seat in the back if you're willing.

daryl do u ever feel sorry for your car after the thrashing u give it??? hahah

are u ever like i shouldnt have thrashed it all day today it will never be as fast or im going to drive like a grandpa for a week cos i feel sorry for my car? lol

thats me all over...

Edited by ELEGNT

are u ever like i shouldnt have thrashed it all day today it will never be as fast or im going to drive like a grandpa for a week cos i feel sorry for my car? lol

thats me all over...

haha...

It's a toyota, it will take it.

The deed is done. This is the biggest, most expensive "mod" I've ever done! *heart aches*

I'm 90% sure of collecting the car on Wednesday, if not by Thursday and I'll see you at the loop.

Ash you can follow me home one of these nights to get the strut bar.

Edited by Supercharged TRD

thats me all over...

I sometimes feel like that. Then I have this feeling of satisfaction to know that the car can withstand such a push, and I feel that she feels the same. I keep her happy by giving her good fuel and a nice bath twice a week.

I actually had a thought not too long ago about what would happen if I had a 2ZZ Rolla. I hear the occasional person saying that they only hit lift a couple of times/every now and again, such and such, and I think 'but lift is before redline, it should be built to handle it'. Man, if I had a 2ZZ, I'd be hitting lift every time I accelerate. After reading a bit of what people say, it seems like they would never think of such thing.

I do tend to give it a bit of a flogging. She still loves me. She's a bit of a fitness freak. She loves to go out for some intense training and feels satisfied knowing that she is tough.

Brake pads replaced and rotors machined, so it brakes heaps better. Royal Purple Synchromax feels a bit better than the Redline MTL+MT90 did. I also got the clutch adjustment done, but other than making the pedal engage closer to the floor (which I like), I'm not sure that has done as much as the Royal Purple has (which isn't that much). Well, some day when the clutch is dead I will chuck an LSD, Sillycar 6th gear-set and new synchros in, but no sooner... <_<

At least the car stops without groaning and grinding...

Gav.

thats me all over...

I sometimes feel like that. Then I have this feeling of satisfaction to know that the car can withstand such a push, and I feel that she feels the same. I keep her happy by giving her good fuel and a nice bath twice a week.

I actually had a thought not too long ago about what would happen if I had a 2ZZ Rolla. I hear the occasional person saying that they only hit lift a couple of times/every now and again, such and such, and I think 'but lift is before redline, it should be built to handle it'. Man, if I had a 2ZZ, I'd be hitting lift every time I accelerate. After reading a bit of what people say, it seems like they would never think of such thing.

I do tend to give it a bit of a flogging. She still loves me. She's a bit of a fitness freak. She loves to go out for some intense training and feels satisfied knowing that she is tough.

im probly worse after the drags now cos i got a really bad transmission noise that came straight after that night :( im going to bring it up at the service and pray that its gone

man my mate has a 2ZZ celica and every time i drive it i hit lift everywhere it is SO SO fun!! u need to hit one of the boys up for a drive to see what its like daryl

BTW ash can i go shotgun? pleeeeeaase :spiteful:

Edited by ELEGNT

elgin, to easy mate... it'll be good to see the trd at home on the mountain for one last time!!! :D

rowan, lol, you sure!? i feel uneasy having people in my car on mountain runs... what happens if i crash and kill you!? :lol:

thats a bit morbid... :ph34r:

Brake pads replaced and rotors machined, so it brakes heaps better. Royal Purple Synchromax feels a bit better than the Redline MTL+MT90 did. I also got the clutch adjustment done, but other than making the pedal engage closer to the floor (which I like), I'm not sure that has done as much as the Royal Purple has (which isn't that much). Well, some day when the clutch is dead I will chuck an LSD, Sillycar 6th gear-set and new synchros in, but no sooner... <_<

Gav.

Where did you get the royal purple at?

i would come along if i am able to tag along with someone starlet had a good hard run tonight so who wants me in their passenger seat??

Oops. Someone bumped this to the previous meets section a little too soon. Anyways, if no one is willing to give you a shotgun ride, I have a spare seat in the back if you're willing.

sounds good to me :D

Gav.

Where did you get the royal purple at?

From Harold at www.performancelub.com , but you can go buy it from Autobarn too if you like.

If you buy and stuff from him, mention my name - Gavin Stapleton - so I can get some brownie points. :P

Gav.

sounds good to me :D

I think Gav was giving you an offer as well in the Brisbane Meet thread. I think Gav is a pretty killer driver. I think you'll get some more kicks going with him. Decisions, decisions. Your choice.

rowan, lol, you sure!? i feel uneasy having people in my car on mountain runs... what happens if i crash and kill you!? :lol:

thats a bit morbid... :ph34r:

co driver ftw bro!! dont worry toyotas ESP will save us....its top notch :lol:

Edited by ELEGNT

Someone go shotgun with Daryl and see that rear sway bar in motion! You'll be amazed at what a so-called "family car" can do!!!

wayyy ahead of you on that one elgin :)

Someone go shotgun with Daryl and see that rear sway bar in motion! You'll be amazed at what a so-called "family car" can do!!!

are u selling any of your bits off your car? ill chuck dibz on HID's if you are

Don't get too excited. The grip on the tires ain't the same as they used to be. Either they really are wearing down, the cold road is not helping, or I'm so used to the car that pushing it hard doesn't feel so 'hard' anymore.

Don't get too excited. The grip on the tires ain't the same as they used to be. Either they really are wearing down, the cold road is not helping, or I'm so used to the car that pushing it hard doesn't feel so 'hard' anymore.

you'll be faster than me up there, so it will be fun still.