You thought modding was expensive

The disc brakes have gone on my mountain bike (why do some manufactures think they can make them out of plastic).

Well they have a new international standard since I bought mine and everything is now a six bolt rotor and mines 4 so I have to buy two new wheels as well so $500 with new brakes $600 but i can but a whole new groupset for $1100

(like getting the whole motor gearbox and brakes attached for less than double the price)

So now I'm going to be $1600 bucks out of pocket and no closer to even buying that rear skirt I want.

The disc brakes have gone on my mountain bike (why do some manufactures think they can make them out of plastic).

Well they have a new international standard since I bought mine and everything is now a six bolt rotor and mines 4 so I have to buy two new wheels as well so $500 with new brakes $600 but i can but a whole new groupset for $1100

(like getting the whole motor gearbox and brakes attached for less than double the price)

So now I'm going to be $1600 bucks out of pocket and no closer to even buying that rear skirt I want.

lol, even brake bits on my car didn't cost me that much

lol, even brake bits on my car didn't cost me that much

hey but i seen trev ride...he get a bit of speed up :P

I have done a standing start Individual Time Trial on basically flat road for 4 minutes and did 2.69klms @ average 39.9KPH

So 1/4 mile = 402.325m

You do the math !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS How do I tell my wife about this expense

^^^ You buy her a nice present. Some roses and take her to dinner. And the cost for her present, roses and dinner should add up to more than your brakes on the bike. The you tell her in a nice crowded place so she can't go off at you.

:P Hehehe.. or not tell her at all..

I think the second option.

I told her it was going to cost a lot - she said how much. I said you don't want to know.

She hasn't pressed yet but I'm sure she will keep it up her sleeve next time I go off about how much shes dumped on the Visa.