[VIC] - Dyno Day - Melbourne July 09 Monthly Meet

hey guano....add it properly....so the text comes out good and in bold etc...that way ppl see first post and has who is attending etc...then you can update it as ppl say they will come etc.....geez.....mr computer man guano still does it wrong lol

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, those who are keen to attend will have to scroll thru the thread then.

All I'm doing is copy and pasting what you iterated down stairs.

Won't break anyone's arm, fingers or eyes scrolling the thread and reading it anyways.

Hey guys, pretty interested in this monthly meet, but more so in this dyno. I've never done/seen a dyno before, so I don't know what to expect. But I'm sure you veterans will show me how hehe. My car is stock, but I'm going more for the fun experience and check out your beasts! haha

Are there any spots left?

email brandon at GT car club (details are in the first post) mention you are with TOCAU and would like to do a run....pretty sure he is doing all us around 11-12 time frame sort of...if your lucky there may be a spot left....worst case there isnt come along anyway....small cost for some bbq food etc....is a great setup, inside lounge area where you can watch your car on the dyno as its all rigged up with cameras and by this time it will be all sorted last time they were testing burning everyone dyno run onto a CD/DVD to keep, it didnt work then but should be now which is good :)

come along, as brandon said the more the merrier

Yes thanks, I've just sent him an email. It sounds good, if there's no spots I'll come anyway to watch haha

edit:

By the way, sorry Guni for not being able to make the national meet, was studying for exams. It looks like a couple hours of gear pushing, photo-shooting and spirited driving wouldn't have made a difference... I'm screwed for my exams anyway HAHA

Edited by dwee.

anyone wanting to do a dyno run best email brandon ASAP.

if you are thinking of coming along for a chat re. Monthly meet and would like to purchase some bbq food please add name to list :)

as Brandon mentioned "more the merrier" and GTCC always put on a good show, plus chance to see some potent cars if all goes well

Yes thanks, I've just sent him an email. It sounds good, if there's no spots I'll come anyway to watch haha

edit:

By the way, sorry Guni for not being able to make the national meet, was studying for exams. It looks like a couple hours of gear pushing, photo-shooting and spirited driving wouldn't have made a difference... I'm screwed for my exams anyway HAHA

No worries mate. No need to be sorry. There is always next year!!!

if you are thinking of coming along for a chat re. Monthly meet and would like to purchase some bbq food please add name to list :)

as Brandon mentioned "more the merrier" and GTCC always put on a good show, plus chance to see some potent cars if all goes well

Agreed. The last dyno day I went to saw me getting some weird number. Eager to see how this goes .... :spiteful:

I will come as a spectator if you guys don't mind.

I am not interested at the moment in getting my car on the dyno because I want to put a few more stuff in before getting some graphs printed! :-D

atm the aerodynamic package of the car is not the best! :P :P :P :P LoL

atm the aerodynamic package of the car is not the best! :P :P :P :P LoL

Dyno will just record the power your car is generating at the wheels.

This isn't a wind tunnel testing the velocity of air cutting through your car's body.

<_<

yeah it may be worth doing to get a base line figure to see if the mods are worth it and what they have gained you et....

last time i went on this dyno i got 108.9 with TRD CAI and a quad tip muffler lol....the quadtip muffler was just for looks so not sure whether it gained or hindered the power lol...

So now i can see with

TRD CAI

Head 2 Head ported headers

Stock Exhaust - Varex rear muffler

and get 3 runs so def turning the varex off first, see how goes, then open and whichever was higher repeat again for last run.

Guni/Jaderd, you can add me to the list as an entrant, I've paid him. Looking forward to it! ;)

Brandon said there were heaps of spots left.

"Hi Peter,

Yes we have still lots of spots left mate.

There are 3 others from TOCAU which are going to be scheduled together sometime in the morning.

Did you want to be added to this group?

Thanks"

edit:

No worries mate. No need to be sorry. There is always next year!!!

More time to do stuff to my car! Haha :P

Hi Guys,

i got an email back from Brandon and its all good. He said a couple of TOCAU ppl had mentioned interest / registered to Dyno and he would group us together, he asked what time would suit and i mentioned 11-12 o'clock approx for TOCAU entrants sound ok?

this was his return email to me asking if we could also use his dyno day as our rekindling TOCAU monthly meets

Hi Simon,

Thank you mate.

New Mods excellent!

Yes two others have contacted me and also requested to be grouped together which is fine mate.

More the merrier, I think we will do the same as last time. BBQ/Drinks free for participants and a small fee for spectators.

There are a few interesting cars as tentative .. and I hope they become confirmed 

- C63 AMG Black Edition

- C63 Brabus Bullit Replica

- R35 GT-R

i emailed him saying thankyou and confirmed that it would prob be 5 entrants approx and maybe 20 TOCAU ppl spectators with cars parked down the street, as he said the more the merrier. But for his sake re. BBQ items i think we start a tally sheet with whether your attending and whether its a a spectator or Dyno Entrant.

PPL WANTING TO ACTUALLY GO ON DYNO NEED TO EMAIL BRANDON DIRECT, DONT JUST PUT NAME ON THE LIST

PLZ ONLY PUT NAME IF GOING TO BE THERE AND HAVE AT LEAST A SAUSAGE AS BRANDON WILL NEED TO GAUGE FOOD TO PURCHASE

GTCC DYNO DAY

(Name - Entrant / Spectator)

1. GUNI - Entrant

2. SIMON - Entrant

3. ALEX - Entrant

4. KENNY - Entrant

5. DWEE - Entrant

6. TASH - Spectator

7. BOWLER - Spectator

Dyno will just record the power your car is generating at the wheels.

This isn't a wind tunnel testing the velocity of air cutting through your car's body.

<_<

I know I know Guan... ;)

A wind tunnel is not cheap as chips :P

1. GUNI - Entrant

2. SIMON - Entrant

3. ALEX - Entrant

4. KENNY - Entrant

5. DWEE - Entrant

6. TASH - Spectator

7. BOWLER - Spectator

8. Gourou- Spectator

Why bother if you can do it in real life scenario anyways? :P :P

Btw if there is heaps of free spots left, I might convert myself into an entrant closer to the deadline.