replacing parker globes

i bought these globes as i was advised that i was easy to change from some of the people from this forum...but for my car i cant get into the area to replace the globe. I think i need to pull out the parker lights to replace the yellow globes for the bright white led globes.

any able to help out with this?

i bought these globes as i was advised that i was easy to change from some of the people from this forum...but for my car i cant get into the area to replace the globe. I think i need to pull out the parker lights to replace the yellow globes for the bright white led globes.

As I've said many times before, get the service manual :P

But to take the parkers out, first pop the bonnet. Then undo the single screw bolting the parker cluster to the headlight cluster (it'll be a Phillips-head screw on top of the headlight). Then, wiggle the parker towards the front of the car (it has some spring-clip thingies holding it in too) until it pops free. Then turn the globe holder anti-clockwise and pull out the holder, thus giving you access to the globe itself. I'm sure you can work out what to do from there on.

As I've said many times before, get the service manual :P

But to take the parkers out, first pop the bonnet. Then undo the single screw bolting the parker cluster to the headlight cluster (it'll be a Phillips-head screw on top of the headlight). Then, wiggle the parker towards the front of the car (it has some spring-clip thingies holding it in too) until it pops free. Then turn the globe holder anti-clockwise and pull out the holder, thus giving you access to the globe itself. I'm sure you can work out what to do from there on.

thanks dude ..ive give it a go :clap:

Posted here because your inbox is full:

which manual did you buy for your ae102 and where from?

...id image there a bit more difficult to buy now

cos their definatly difficult to find one to download LOL

I got my Gregorys from AutoOne, any reputable parts store (even Supercheap and Repco) will happily order one in for you if it's not on the shelves already, if not then they come up on eBay from time to time.

They're hard to download because no-one bothers to scan them in - they're not rare like genuine factory manuals so no-one sees the point.

im not sure if it will do it on your car, but the colour was way off to normal and the indicator was moving much faster than usual.

dont replace indicators, thats illegal.... and they flash faster due to the reduced resistance so the relay goes off tap.

Replaceing PARKERS obviously wont have the same issue.

im not sure if it will do it on your car, but the colour was way off to normal and the indicator was moving much faster than usual.

I think he was referring to the parker lights and not the indicators.

If you change your indicators to LED's by the way, you may need to replace the flasher relay as it relies on the resistance from the globes to operate.

Edit: Beat by a couple of minutes.

I think he was referring to the parker lights and not the indicators.

If you change your indicators to LED's by the way, you may need to replace the flasher relay as it relies on the resistance from the globes to operate.

Edit: Beat by a couple of minutes.

Im not changing the indicators (aka turn signal indicators)

I just want to change the Parker lights as they are yellow as you can see on link below for my car on page 2.

ive been getting a few people saying it looks crap with the HID's. Let me know what you think...

you'll know what i mean when you see the photo

i just installed the T10 wedge white LED's and they are weak as ***** compared to the yellow standard lights.

im going to take them back straight away tomorrow. It was like they weren't even on

hope u had a good contact and a good 12v reference for them if so take em back..

yeah autobarn....obviously i was told they were the best **cough cough**

I had my leds installed by an auto electrican and they are much brighter and better then the standard.

I would take the ones you got from autobarn back and go to an auto electrican. Might help.

dont replace indicators, thats illegal.... and they flash faster due to the reduced resistance so the relay goes off tap.

Replaceing PARKERS obviously wont have the same issue.

yea i was talking about the indicators djkor..

i put them in once and then took them out straight away. it wasnt right.

anyway im happy with led parkers and reverse lights...

that led cluster for the rolla would be much better though!!!