Stereo not working properly

My stereo is still working but there is no display. All the keys are not responding. I can still control it from the steering wheel though.

Anyone exp the same problem before? Might be a way to quick fix it before I have to send it to Toyota.

It's the six cd one, like the SX6, not the one with the LCD screen.

Thanks

My condolences.

If you still can't get it to work, I have a fully-functional one that I can let go for $50. I replaced my stock one with an Eclipse AVN6000. :D

Unless it is under warranty, in which case you should just go back to Toyota and get it repaired for free.

Edited by Supercharged TRD

My headunit is playing up also..i put in brand new CD's but the music skips every now and then and sometimes just stops playing all together.

This doesnt happen all the time though. Quite annoying really, Car is still under warrenty so i might just end up taking it to toyota.

Edited by ZZR88

My headunit is playing up also..i put in brand new CD's but the music skips every now and then and sometimes just stops playing all together.

This doesnt happen all the time though. Quite annoying really, Car is still under warrenty so i might just end up taking it to toyota.

Had this happen in my gen4 Camry during the extended warranty and Toyota replaced it with a new one.

Happened to my 6-stacker cd player as well couple of weeks ago - no buttons worked and the digital display went all weird. It kind of fixed itself after a couple of minutes. Anyway, I have recently installed an AUSPACK unit, so don't have to worry about it anymore.

It is back to normal now after I turn the unit off for 2 days.

Maybe it's time for a upgrade. I am thinking of something simple. All I need is the LCD screen with navigator + MP3.

Any suggestions?

Eclipse AVN726EA, an awesome unit..

I'm gunna give the Alpine IVA-W502E H/Unit a plug...voted best multimedia h/unit of the year,over $1000 mark...i've got one and it's excellent,RRP $1899 no goodies have to add things like bluetooth & Nav ect.Voted the best h/unit under $1000 was the Clarion VX409A RRP $929...you can also look at the Clarion VX709A RRP $1549.

these were voted for at the Australian Incar Entertainment Awards 2009. :)