Phone placement

httttt

Where do fellow Aurion owners who don't use a blue tooth deck sit there phone while driving?

I don't answer calls while driving but my problem is that my phone doubles as my GPS and all the USB chargers are huge and ugly, plus the position of the lighters in the Aurion are annoying.

I'm thinking of getting one of these http://www.i-tech.com.au/products/49938_BE...ger_F8Z445.aspx

My other option was to fit one of my huge usb chargers under the center console and run a usb cable somewhere. I'm thinking of piggy backing off a cig lighter.

Baaah, I just need peoples opinions.

Pointless reply as I don't use my phone for a GPS, but the iPhone fits comfortably in the drink holder (minus the divider)

Had an N95 that I used for a long while and occasionally used as a GPS in my commodore... My solution was to use a accessory (lighter) to USB adapter and a USB extension cable... Wasn't pretty but wasn't permanent either.

i know it doesnt help-but we put ours in the ashtray

have you tried to put a phone holder onto the smooth surface above the ashtray-not sure if this will work but i am going to try when i get round to it

thanks corey

Not quite the answer you may be looking for since I don't use my phone for GPS, but I sit both my phone and wallet in the little pocket to the left of your left knee. A perfect fit for both. Plus if I ever plug in a phone charger, it can leave it plugged into the phone while it sits there.

Pointless reply as I don't use my phone for a GPS, but the iPhone fits comfortably in the drink holder (minus the divider)

Had an N95 that I used for a long while and occasionally used as a GPS in my commodore... My solution was to use a accessory (lighter) to USB adapter and a USB extension cable... Wasn't pretty but wasn't permanent either.

That is what i'm using at the moment. You have a good point tho, it isnt permanent.

have you tried to put a phone holder onto the smooth surface above the ashtray-not sure if this will work but i am going to try when i get round to it

I might try something creative there as well.

Not quite the answer you may be looking for since I don't use my phone for GPS, but I sit both my phone and wallet in the little pocket to the left of your left knee. A perfect fit for both. Plus if I ever plug in a phone charger, it can leave it plugged into the phone while it sits there.

I always forget about that spot! Good place for a wallet.

why not get a FM tuner for the iphone since your plugging it in to charge anyways

I used one of them once, the sound quality is horrible.

I have my phone hooked to bluetooth but used to keep it in the nearest cup holder.

I now have a Pro-Clip, which is a screwless fitting suitable and designed for two dash points on an Aurion.

One is just above the top right hand centre air vent and the other is left side of the centre console.

Both use the same holder but are designed to clip in without permanent fixing.

Mine is by the top vent and it's the best thing I ever bought! My signal is now much stronger in the car and I clearly see the phone.

I am also going to get another one for the secondary position for my iTouch.

Check these out they are really well made, don't move or rattle and aren't too expensive. I found the American company very professional and easy to deal with. Delivery was about a week.

I can't speak more highly of them. Over the years I have had more than I can remember car kits and this is the best so far in my opinion.

Below is the mounting pad, that screwlessly fits your car. Then you screw the holder to this as shown further down. My phone is a Nokia E71

But I am also ordering the iTouch charging mount and holder now.

Top Fitting - Doesn't show the holder that you also buy specific for your phone or device

post-7087-1247265496_thumb.jpg

Side Fitting - I am getting the connector and iTouch holder for here.

post-7087-1247265504_thumb.jpg

Here's two options for my iTouch. The holders for all devices look more or less the same, but fit your device very snug and secure with easy access

post-7087-1247266210_thumb.jpg

post-7087-1247266216_thumb.jpg

Here's the link to Pro Clip's site in USA

Hope this helps......

Edited by PaulMT

Thanks heaps PaulMT.

Your post did help heaps. There is no doubt that is a good product but I'm too tight ***** to buy it right now. $60+ seems like a lot for a phone holder.

Remember guys (At least in queensland) - even if your phone is in a holder, regardless of whether you're using it for GPS or bluetooth etc, you cannot use the phone whilst driving. By use I mean pushing a button on the phone, even if it does have a GPS running.

Bluetooth devices get away with it legally cause when you answer the phone, you're doing so by pushing a button on the bluetooth device to answer/call and not the phone itself.

Alot of people don't know this, and have been pinched... mind you it would have to be a very zealous cop to get you for it.

For anyone that's interested here's the Australian Distributor of ClicOn.

http://www.holdmyphone.com.au/

Vinh

Good stuff, thanks. But I still think the price is really steep. I couldnt find an adjustable phone holder.. I dont konw how long I will have this phone for, I dont want to shell out another $60 in a years time.

Remember guys (At least in queensland) - even if your phone is in a holder, regardless of whether you're using it for GPS or bluetooth etc, you cannot use the phone whilst driving. By use I mean pushing a button on the phone, even if it does have a GPS running.

Bluetooth devices get away with it legally cause when you answer the phone, you're doing so by pushing a button on the bluetooth device to answer/call and not the phone itself.

Alot of people don't know this, and have been pinched... mind you it would have to be a very zealous cop to get you for it.

Good reminder. Thanks.