Rear sway bar/strut bar advice

addy287

hey guys, i'll be getting my tax return money soon and im looking to buy a rear sway bar for my camry.

the only one that i can find is the whiteline 20mm, does anyone know of any other brands or thicker ones?

also anyone who has the whiteline installed if you could let me know how it performs, if there was a big difference and if there have been any problems with it.

also looking into a strut bar that will fir the v6 model. will it improve the turn in of the car, understeer, roll etc? i am yet to find any brand that sells one for me :(

any help will be much appreciated

Edited by addy287

I have the whiteline rear sway bar installed and its definitely the mod that will dramatically improve the handling of the car. There is a lot less understeer and even a tickle of oversteer when pushed hard. TRD makes one too but you'll have to get that from the states and probably second hand too. I've also got a tower strut bar for the front, but I have to admit, I installed it for the asthetics than performance and I had one :P. I've got the TRD one which designed with the supercharger in mind in terms of clearance. It probably does make a difference but I didnt see a huge improvement, but that may be because i'm running coilovers as well. This you will have to go through america, and probably best to speak to Adam if you are serious about it.

There is only TRD and Whiteline. TRD is to big to ship via the Post Office so will be really expensive to ship. Get Whiteline. Good brand.

I have the whiteline rear sway bar installed and its definitely the mod that will dramatically improve the handling of the car. There is a lot less understeer and even a tickle of oversteer when pushed hard. TRD makes one too but you'll have to get that from the states and probably second hand too. I've also got a tower strut bar for the front, but I have to admit, I installed it for the asthetics than performance and I had one :P. I've got the TRD one which designed with the supercharger in mind in terms of clearance. It probably does make a difference but I didnt see a huge improvement, but that may be because i'm running coilovers as well. This you will have to go through america, and probably best to speak to Adam if you are serious about it.

i notice u said that u have coilovers...did u have the sway before u bought them?

sorry for asking so many questions, i just want it to be money well spent

When I first put the Rear sway bar on, I had a set of King superlows with the stock shockies on. The superlows did their job with making the car sit lower and was stiffer but the cornering ability didnt really change dramatically until the rear sway bar. I remember on a cruise from Sommerset to the Wivenhoe, with long sweeping corners, the car handled awesome. I was following a Mini (NA version) but it was keeping up. I sure i would have been left behind very fast if it wasnt for the RSB.

This is gonna be my next mod too... should be interesting to see what difference it makes.

Prob more noticeable for people who don't have the Touring Series Camrys... my Tourer came with 17mm swaybar instead of the stock 15mm ones, plus the Tourers are lower in the back.

This is gonna be my next mod too... should be interesting to see what difference it makes.

Prob more noticeable for people who don't have the Touring Series Camrys... my Tourer came with 17mm swaybar instead of the stock 15mm ones, plus the Tourers are lower in the back.

my stock rear is 17mm.....anyone who has a 15 and wants to upgrade? let me know i'll sell it cheap

• 4 months later...

hey guys,

i just came across this topic. bit late, i know. would there be much of a difference between a 20mm and a 24mm rear sway bar for this type of camry? they're the same price on the whiteline site. just wouldn't know which one would be better. did you end up getting one installed, addy? if so, what's it like?