car door light

h3ctic

weird thing just happened.

the inside car light wont come on wen i unlock the car or open the door. i can still turn it on at the switch, but it wont do it automatically anymore. any ideas anyone?

Does it do it on all the doors? What happens when you 'wiggle' the door pin switch around. Because these door pin switches ground against the car body, they can eventually wear and not give a good ground connection.

Edit: Possibly ignore that. So your lights are meant to come on as well when you unlock your car? If so, sounds like the timer circuit responsible for managing that has decided to give up.

weird thing just happened.

the inside car light wont come on wen i unlock the car or open the door. i can still turn it on at the switch, but it wont do it automatically anymore. any ideas anyone?

mine is sticky sometimes... sometimes not, seems like abad connection somewhere.

Does it do it on all the doors? What happens when you 'wiggle' the door pin switch around. Because these door pin switches ground against the car body, they can eventually wear and not give a good ground connection.

Edit: Possibly ignore that. So your lights are meant to come on as well when you unlock your car? If so, sounds like the timer circuit responsible for managing that has decided to give up.

yea, as per ur edit. wen i unlock with the remote, the lights meant to come on but it doesnt. i just removed a cb unit and reinstalled my dvd player. as now i realised that the light doesnt work. weird. timer circuit u say? wats that?

yea, as per ur edit. wen i unlock with the remote, the lights meant to come on but it doesnt. i just removed a cb unit and reinstalled my dvd player. as now i realised that the light doesnt work. weird. timer circuit u say? wats that?

There would be a little box somewhere in the car (I don't know where) that is wired to the dome light on the 'door' circuit. It's basically just a light control since it needs to control when the light turns on and off after a preset time. Not saying this is the cause, but it's one part of the circuit that is related.

hey guys,

finally doused out the problem. well no not really, but the light is working as per normal again. I started up the car and the light popped on again and has been working ever since. weird but not complaining personally. thanks for all the input. =) much appreciated.

hey guys,

finally doused out the problem. well no not really, but the light is working as per normal again. I started up the car and the light popped on again and has been working ever since. weird but not complaining personally. thanks for all the input. =) much appreciated.

Check the bulb to see if its actually shorting out to the bulb holder.

A good easy way to fix it is to use some electrical tape and tape up the top part of the light assembly so the bulb ends dont accidentally touch the metal up top. I had the problem because I tried to fit a bulb that was too big.