importing a car

zr nate

<Drools>

If only I won the lotto.

I really, really love the styling of the Camaro and the kicker is that they start from USD$22,245 for the V6 and USD$30,245 for the V8.

*cough* bandwagon *cough*

just wait a year or so. holden are in the process of developing a rhd version of the camaro and "tuning" it to aussie specs

*cough* bandwagon *cough*

I'm not complaining. Smart move for them to cash in on the popularity. Works for me.

That said, I loved the style of the Camaro concept before Transformers had any association with it. Even if the movie didn't exist, I'd still love a Camaro.

i think they have an article in the wheels issue,not sure which 1 though.

considering they r a commodore chassis or floorpan or whatever its called these days they r a bit pricey for what they r-imo

The fact that the Commodore shares a platform (as in things are roughly the same, it's not like it is the exact same car underneath) with the Camaro I believe does not belittle either car, because the platform itself is a good one. It's what Holden/GM add on top of that platform which makes the Commodore crap and the Camaro good.

More use of the rest of the keys on your keyboard would be appreciated too. Are is spelt "are" not "r".

A couple of issues. Firstly there needs to be compliance plates available for the car your after. Otherwise you'll need to move to the states for a year, drive the car around (DOTRS require proof that you used it over there for 12 months). Then you can personal import one. I'm not 100% on if compliance is needed on a personal import, hence why I have mentioned it. The mob that intends to sell them here for 150k would already have compliance sorted, or are going to. And I highly doubt that they will let other people use their plates ;)

personally im sick of people puting crap on the como/ls series engines they are a good and solid platform, even though they do have many faults, especially in the chassis and build quality. the LS1 is a prehistoric engine yes, but has huge modafing potential as seen by the many 1000hp+ engines on the scene, it does what its memt to do very well, im not saying it does it efficiently im saying it does it well

considering they r a commodore chassis or floorpan or whatever its called these days they r a bit pricey for what they r-imo

The fact that the Commodore shares a platform (as in things are roughly the same, it's not like it is the exact same car underneath) with the Camaro I believe does not belittle either car, because the platform itself is a good one. It's what Holden/GM add on top of that platform which makes the Commodore crap and the Camaro good.

More use of the rest of the keys on your keyboard would be appreciated too. Are is spelt "are" not "r".

no offence but i never said the commodore or camaro was crap-just saying they share the same platform as you call it.

i in fact love the camaro,always have done and always will,in relation to spelling is it really that big a deal mate?

A couple of issues. Firstly there needs to be compliance plates available for the car your after. Otherwise you'll need to move to the states for a year, drive the car around (DOTRS require proof that you used it over there for 12 months). Then you can personal import one. I'm not 100% on if compliance is needed on a personal import, hence why I have mentioned it. The mob that intends to sell them here for 150k would already have compliance sorted, or are going to. And I highly doubt that they will let other people use their plates ;)

thay are being imported by performance international in qld as left hand drives and being converted there.

there is a article in wheels august issue for anyone wanting to know more.

no offence but i never said the commodore or camaro was crap-just saying they share the same platform as you call it.

i in fact love the camaro,always have done and always will,in relation to spelling is it really that big a deal mate?

You said "considering they are a Commodore chassor or floorpan or whatever, they are a bit pricey for what they are"

In short, you said that the Camaro is expensive considering it is basically a tarted-up 2-door Commodore, thus denigrating it (whereas it could be seen the other way - the Commodore is a really cheap way to get the same chassis platform as the Camaro, thus complimenting it)

And spelling/grammar etc isn't that great of a deal if you at least try to put some effort in to it, but I (and others) are sick to death of people talking in "l33t-spe4k" or SMS-style when they have a full keyboard in front of them and no limit on length or time. Plus, it's easier to read that way.

thay are being imported by performance international in qld as left hand drives and being converted there.

Are the West Australians still able to register modern cars as left hook? Thus not requiring the conversion.

Are the West Australians still able to register modern cars as left hook? Thus not requiring the conversion.

i just saw two old school chevrolets this morning. both LHD with rego plates so maybe we can. but they surely must at least replace the headlights for RHD

pretty sure the answer is yes but we have to put a really big and ugly sticker on the car saying "caution left hand drive"

i believe its the same as sa and they have to be pre 1970,you would have to check with the registration department in wa

cheers

You said "considering they are a Commodore chassor or floorpan or whatever, they are a bit pricey for what they are"

In short, you said that the Camaro is expensive considering it is basically a tarted-up 2-door Commodore, thus denigrating it (whereas it could be seen the other way - the Commodore is a really cheap way to get the same chassis platform as the Camaro, thus complimenting it)

And spelling/grammar etc isn't that great of a deal if you at least try to put some effort in to it, but I (and others) are sick to death of people talking in "l33t-spe4k" or SMS-style when they have a full keyboard in front of them and no limit on length or time. Plus, it's easier to read that way.

the camaro here is expensive compared to what they are in the states meaning price wise.the in short remarks is your opinion or your impression of what is written,you are putting words into my mouth the way you said it and i didnt say anything along those lines.

Also you say about spelling/grammar-look at your own posts regarding this.

Just out of curiosity-who else is (and others)

Cheers

the camaro here is expensive compared to what they are in the states meaning price wise.the in short remarks is your opinion or your impression of what is written,you are putting words into my mouth the way you said it and i didnt say anything along those lines.

Cheers

Of course it is going to be more expensive, it's an import - take a look at any car made overseas and it will be more expensive here than in its home country, especially one that has to undergo a conversion (ie it's not made RHD from factory)

If that was what you originally intended to say, then obviously I mis-understood you - I wasn't putting words in your mouth. Maybe next time you need to make your point a little clearer.

And I laughed at your comment about my posts regarding spelling/grammar - I always try to use correct spelling, grammar etc, as well as punctuation, paragraphs and even capital letters at the beginning of sentences.

As for someone else who takes post legibility seriously, take a look at BKS (Blink Kid Seeks, one of the moderators here), he's one person who hates "r fully sik h3ctic m4te rlly" talk. There are more, too.

Cheers

Of course it is going to be more expensive, it's an import - take a look at any car made overseas and it will be more expensive here than in its home country, especially one that has to undergo a conversion (ie it's not made RHD from factory)

If that was what you originally intended to say, then obviously I mis-understood you - I wasn't putting words in your mouth. Maybe next time you need to make your point a little clearer.

And I laughed at your comment about my posts regarding spelling/grammar - I always try to use correct spelling, grammar etc, as well as punctuation, paragraphs and even capital letters at the beginning of sentences.

As for someone else who takes post legibility seriously, take a look at BKS (Blink Kid Seeks, one of the moderators here), he's one person who hates "r fully sik h3ctic m4te rlly" talk. There are more, too.

I think the moderators can speak for themselves and so can anyone else.

One shortcut is not the same in my eyes as "r fully sik h3ctic m4te rlly" talk .

I still think you are getting a bit too worked up over this.There are a lot more people on this site who have written like this and you have'nt said anything to them so why have a go at me for using 1 shortcut.

That is good that you had a laugh,as i am currently having one now.

Sorry mate i'm with Hiro on this...

I cant stan abbreviated text speak.

We ask that everyone uses proper english on these forums so that people from every generation dont feel liek they need a translator to decipher useful information.

All we ask is that you use proper english... if you feel like you cant do that, go and play at www.boostcruising.com

anyways, The Camaro is a sweet car, i see them every week near my office as we are stones throw from Holden's development plant in Port Melbourne (Fishermans Bend). Sweet looking cars!

I reckon wait another year and Holden will release a local version. It was developed in aus, shares the same platform as the VEs so there is already local expertise in the car, and judging by how well they sold in the states, GM is stupid to not offer this in rhd, people will buy simply cause it looks like bumblebee and the rest will buy it cause its an awesome looking car.