SPORTIVO OWNERS...HELP?

basically my sportivo stalls immediatly after starting...to cut a long long story shot ................

can a sportivo (or 2ZZ-GE) owner please unplug your cam position sensor (grey plug on far right of engine block kind of below injector #4.........

simply unplug and tell me if car starts???

i want top see if this could be my problem?? (i tried this on my girlfriends 1zz-fe and it starts (after 3 tries) and runs?

I AM HOPING THE 2ZZ-GE WONT RUN IF THIS IS UNPLUGGED??????

many thanks for helping with this............i dont know anyone who owns a sportivo and cant seem to find a car yard with one here...

basically my sportivo stalls immediatly after starting...to cut a long long story shot ................

can a sportivo (or 2ZZ-GE) owner please unplug your cam position sensor (grey plug on far right of engine block kind of below injector #4.........

i want top see if this could be my problem?? (i tried this on my girlfriends 1zz-fe and it starts (after 3 tries) and runs?

many thanks for helping with this............i dont know anyone who owns a sportivo and cant seem to find a car yard with one here...

Probably expect a reply tomorrow dude.

The 2ZZ owners don't stay up past 8pm.

lets hope.........i bet someone asks the question......."will doing this break my car or void my warranty"???

Is it the plug in the middle?

img2395x.th.jpg

If it is then my car started and run but very badly. Really low revs and felt like it was going to die. When i hit the throttle it kind of was weak?

yeh we do, were party animals

Hehe I was up till 2 am last night but it was too cold to go outside and check =P

Hehe I was up till 2 am last night but it was too cold to go outside and check =P

2am?? i not been bed all weekend....its never too cold.....i was pulling my intake camshaft out at 4 am..(portable floodlights are very warm).

Is it the plug in the middle?

img2395x.th.jpg

If it is then my car started and run but very badly. Really low revs and felt like it was going to die. When i hit the throttle it kind of was weak?

thats your TPS (throttle position sensor)...the cam sensor is just under yout plastic engine cover, to the right of cylinder 4, (2 pin grey plug, and its bolted to the block with 2 10mm nuts....

that's actually the idle speed control valve. The TPS is on the other side of the throttle body from the accelerator cable linkage.

The car 'should' run with the cam sensor unplugged, it will just run in limp mode with batch fire off the 36 tooth crank position sensor. Unfortunately my 2zz's out of the car at the moment so I can't actually test this for you.

What makes you think the issue lies with the cam position sensor?

i have tried evrything...as soon as it starts, the injectors stop running......no pulse........i took off the rocker cover to notice the cam sensor square magnet things broken off after i accidently put a 1zz-ge sensor in by mistake.....now i need a 2zz-ge camshaft too...

car been like this for months....i have replaced so far..

tps

idle valve

vsv valve

coolant temp sensor

maf and new airbox

fuel pump

fuel injectors/rail

crank sensor

vvt sensors

oil pressure switch

coil packs

spark plugs

have replacement ecu but needs toyota workshop to code this to my key!!!

ALL THIS STARTED AFTER RUNNING OUT OF FUEL:(

i have tried evrything...as soon as it starts, the injectors stop running......no pulse........i took off the rocker cover to notice the cam sensor square magnet things broken off after i accidently put a 1zz-ge sensor in by mistake.....now i need a 2zz-ge camshaft too...

So you're trying to run the car with one of the camshaft timing fingers (stuffed it I know its name) missing?

I hear that that sensor is pretty sensitive, so if it has been hit it's probably stuffed. When you replace the intake cam (try newcelica.org for second hand ones as they have heaps they no longer need, or Mnkey Wrench Racing) be sure to remove and reattach the VVT mechanism correctly or else it can cause more issues. You'll also need to check the valve clearances with any different camshaft.

I assume you also changed the fuel filter?