Restoring clear coat

RoM2nV

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone can help me out with this, some parts of my clear coat are scratched, I'm pretty sure its jsut the clear coat as the scratches don't feel deep but they look like ****...

I had a look at supercheap and meguires scratch X looks like a product that MAY fix it. Anyone got any ideas?

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone can help me out with this, some parts of my clear coat are scratched, I'm pretty sure its jsut the clear coat as the scratches don't feel deep but they look like ****...

I had a look at supercheap and meguires scratch X looks like a product that MAY fix it. Anyone got any ideas?

Check out this thread which has covered scratch repair in the past.

If you are getting scratch X, make sure you get Scratch X 2.0 as it will do deeper scratches quicker than the original version. Saw it at Supercheap here in Brisbane the other day, so the newer formula should be available now elsewhere in the country. I suggest you read the following link for tips on how to use it and what to expect.

Hot to remove a defect by hand with Scratch X

The definitive SratchX Thread Collection

depends how deep is the scratch...

Scratch X is pretty mild compared to some of the harder stuff, if Scratch X doesnt do the job just get some pro detailers to give you car a good work out...

Scratch X is pretty mild compared to some of the harder stuff, if Scratch X doesnt do the job just get some pro detailers to give you car a good work out...

That's a last resort! I'd much rather do it myself :P

I agree the original ScratchX forumla was quite mild and took a lot of elbow grease to get results. ScratchX 2.0 is supposed to be more agressive but I haven't tried it out.

If the scratch remains try moving up in agressiveness to a compound. If that doesn't work the the next step is wet sanding but personally I'd rather leave that to someone who has done it before, or practice on a car you don't really car about :)