Changing Parker Light Bulbs (Gen 6 Camry)

Tinz

Hi there...

anyone able to give me directs on getting my parker light bulbs changed?? I have white headlights and the parker bulbs are ***** yellow whch is really annoying.

user manual says its not recommended... is it advisable to trust the professionals to do it for me or is DIY possible??

big thanks...

I never really payed attention to the parkers on the Gen 6 Camry. Are they located on the very outside of the headlight housing? If so, I think changing them is similar to the Aurion then and you'll need to go in through the wheel arch. Not friendly for larger hands:

parker lights

I've got a Rolla, my hand couldn't fit through the bar (My hand isnt big). Had to unscrew the whole casing to pull the damned parkers out. :angry:

But I've also got a '05 Camry, I'll have a look for you tomorrow.

That's the best photo I can find. :idea:

post-14601-1250087279_thumb.jpg

I never really payed attention to the parkers on the Gen 6 Camry. Are they located on the very outside of the headlight housing? If so, I think changing them is similar to the Aurion then and you'll need to go in through the wheel arch. Not friendly for larger hands:

parker lights

looks like i haf to access it through the wheel arches... damn, just looking at ur pics making me cringe...

thanks for the response guys...

gotta remove whole front bumper off. :/ alot of work, but gotta be done. ive removed my bumper countless times now, cause at a stage i had blue parkers..

if your located in melb, pm me and we'll organise a time and ill give you a hand

hey akuma, realli cool of you to offer... am sending my car for service in 2 weeks time anywayz and juz checked with em and they will juz do it for free so its much appreciated.

btw, i'm getting the white smd parkers from tangcla... just wondering if the license plate uses the same thing??

yeah im using the smd bulbs for my fronts too, but sadly to say its not "white" its a bit bluish rather than white, still nice. ive got my hids running as well, would like to match them together.

anyway, if you have no luck with the dealership, head down to my garage and ill give you a helping hand :)

yeah im using the smd bulbs for my fronts too, but sadly to say its not "white" its a bit bluish rather than white, still nice. ive got my hids running as well, would like to match them together.

anyway, if you have no luck with the dealership, head down to my garage and ill give you a helping hand :)

you own a garage? wat sorta work do you do?? service in general or a specialty garage?

home garage, just a few tools and a bit of knowledge about the camry.

i prefare to do hands on work, rather then type it up - just the sort of person i am really.

• 3 weeks later...

I tried changing my parker light bulbs yesterday and i had a few troubles.

i unclipped the fender well from the bumper and everything fine, got my arm and hand to where the bulbs are located but i had trouble unclipping or screwing the cover off. I found it hard to do as i couldnt even see what i was doing. and somehow eventually it came out. I bought H7 bulbs for my driving lights and they came with parker lights as well but what i understand is the bulbs that are in the car now have the wires sticking out whilst the bulbs that came with the h7 bulbs dont and have the wires folded against the actually bulb itself (if this doesnt make sense ill take a picture for you all). Anyway it took me 5 minutes to unclip the fender well from the bumper and all that but an hour to try put the cover back onto the parker light housing.

So any advice on actually changing the bulb itself? Is my method for changing this bulb wrong in the first place? for some reason i had a lot of trouble. and i couldnt figure out a safe way for me to do this as for one i cant see what my hands are doing (so for me it was mainly a touch and feel typa thing). i didnt install my new parker light bulbs cause i thought it may be the wrong bulb and i couldnt think of a way i could install it as its a bit of a tight squeeze and what not through the fender well area.

Edited by private number

you actually need to remove your whole front bumper to be able to change the parkers!

theres no other way. believe me, i know. ive at least changed my parkers 4 times now.

you actually need to remove your whole front bumper to be able to change the parkers!

theres no other way. believe me, i know. ive at least changed my parkers 4 times now.

Maybe your hands and wrists aren't flexible enough :lol:

I'd be happy to do this procedure on a Gen 6 Camry around the Brisbane area to prove it can be done :P

cheers for that, ill look up how to remove front bumper on gen 6 this week and i might tackle that after i get my waranty service done this friday.

Maybe your hands and wrists aren't flexible enough :lol:

I'd be happy to do this procedure on a Gen 6 Camry around the Brisbane area to prove it can be done :P

i got fat hands. its so hard for me to get in it.