19 INCH KLUGER WHEELS on a RAV4 2008

Bruster

Just wanted to know if anyone in the Forum has put the latest 19 inch Kluger wheels on their RAV4

Im keen to buy a set of 4 x 19 inch kluger wheels as i need to change tyres in the next 6 months so i thought good opportunity to add some new to the RAV4.

i called a few places and getting mixed messages, Tempe Tyres say no problems it will fit, but Bob Jane say it will not fit unless some modifications is done.

apparently they have a different offset which i dont know what that means.

and finally Beaurepairs wouldnt even give me an answer unless i bring the wheel over for them to try it out.

any help would be great, if i cant fit them in i might just replace the tyres when it comes time to changing it.

Just wanted to know if anyone in the Forum has put the latest 19 inch Kluger wheels on their RAV4

Im keen to buy a set of 4 x 19 inch kluger wheels as i need to change tyres in the next 6 months so i thought good opportunity to add some new to the RAV4.

i called a few places and getting mixed messages, Tempe Tyres say no problems it will fit, but Bob Jane say it will not fit unless some modifications is done.

and finally Beaurepairs wouldnt even give me an answer unless i bring the wheel over for them to try it out.

any help would be great, if i cant fit them in i might just replace the tyres when it comes time to changing it.

"offset refers to PCD. Pitch Circle Diameter. Which is "the distance from the centre point to the centre of each wheel stud hole and the distance between the holes in relation to each other."

Sometimes otherwise known as "the stud pattern." If you are getting conflicting info from tyre dealers, I would say take it to the guy who says it can be done and hope he's right.

Bruster

don't forget that 19"rims could do bad things to the accuracy of your speedo.

Bruster

don't forget that 19"rims could do bad things to the accuracy of your speedo.

ok, i finally found a nice guy at Bob Jane who took the time to explain to me and what i should do.

if im really set on the Kluger wheels then i will need 5 mm spacers most probably for the front wheels because they may touch the brake calipers.

Tyre size will have to be 245/45 - 19 series worst case scenario 255/45 - 19 this will have my speedo as accurate as it is now.

problem is finding those size tyres are difficult and not many companies make it and therefore Bridgstone may set me back $500 per tyre which i think is ridiculous. so he recommended either 18 inch or 20 inch wheels because there is more range of tyres of those wheel sizes.

So i'll keep searching for cheaper better options.

By the way Kluger wheels have an OFFSET of 35+ and RAV4 has an OFFSET of 38 - 43 +

• 1 month later...
If you want large tyres of an odd size head out to Tempe, they seem to be able to sell these tyres at awesome prices compared to anyone else... Should be looking at around 220 - 250 per tyre...

update on the tyres and wheels, i have managed to get a set of wheels but to the size of tyre i want 245/50-19 is very hard to find.

only one brand make it "yokohama" and Tempe tyres is the cheapest @ $420 per tyre.

other option is to go with a 255/50-19 which will set me back $220 per tyre.. however the yokohama tyre is perfect the Speedo is correct and fills the wheel rather nicely.

decisions...decisions.

If you want large tyres of an odd size head out to Tempe, they seem to be able to sell these tyres at awesome prices compared to anyone else... Should be looking at around 220 - 250 per tyre...

update on the tyres and wheels, i have managed to get a set of wheels but to the size of tyre i want 245/50-19 is very hard to find.

only one brand make it "yokohama" and Tempe tyres is the cheapest @ $420 per tyre.

other option is to go with a 255/50-19 which will set me back $220 per tyre.. however the yokohama tyre is perfect the Speedo is correct and fills the wheel rather nicely.

decisions...decisions.

You may not need to calibrate the speedo as the speedo on the RAV4 is quite optimistic (ie actual speed is slower than indicated). Just check the accuracy of your speedo with a GPS after you've changed the tyres. You may be ok.

decisions...decisions.

You may not need to calibrate the speedo as the speedo on the RAV4 is quite optimistic (ie actual speed is slower than indicated). Just check the accuracy of your speedo with a GPS after you've changed the tyres. You may be ok.

that's correct the speedo wont be an issue, im actually 4 kms slower when travelling @ 100km/h

if i go with 245/50-19 the speedo wont change but if i go with 255/50-19 the speedo will be plus 1.5% which will almost correct itself.

i used this calculator : http://www.exploroz.com/Vehicle/Tyres/SizeCalc.aspx

i just find the 255 tyre a bit big..but looks like it will be the only option and save myself $800

Dunlop make a set of 265/35r22 sport max tt to that has the right rolling diameter for the rav But I cant find a decent set of wheels without going to unknown munufacturers can anyone help

wow, 22 inch the ride quality on that wont be very good.

like someone said on this forum before Tempe Tyres can find you anything..

im sure it will look great though, alot of Americans put 22's on them.

after doing alot of research i realise the tyres for the 19inch kluger wheels are too expensive for me

so i decided to buy 20inch wheels with khumo tyres.

on another note, anyone interested in buying my kluger wheels please contact me to discuss.

post-368-1254382067_thumb.jpg

post-368-1254382081_thumb.jpg

post-368-1254382092_thumb.jpg

after doing alot of research i realise the tyres for the 19inch kluger wheels are too expensive for me

on another note, anyone interested in buying my kluger wheels please contact me to discuss.

Very nice...I was thinking of getting 18" but after seeing yours might go the 20s". Did you get them from tempe tyres? How much were they? any error on the speedo? Nice mate. Congrats!

Very nice...I was thinking of getting 18" but after seeing yours might go the 20s". Did you get them from tempe tyres? How much were they? any error on the speedo? Nice mate. Congrats!

hi there,

yes got them from tempe, the price was $2000 flat...i dont know how they do it but they are cheapest i found.

in standard form my speedo was 4 kms lower @ 100km/h now with the tyres 255/45 speedo is about 2 kms less @ 100 km/h

i used this site to calculate the tyre sizes: http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

so the answer is no speedo wasnt affected much at all.

go for it, and post pics later... need more action in this Rav4 forum.

cheers