Un Random music

Hey Peeps,

I have been Driving the aurion around more whilst Wulfkind is In Melbourne. I have been playing my favorite M3 CD on Random and have noticed that it will only play tracks 21, 33, 77, 100, 149 and 179. I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this. We still have to stock sound system and normally the player will cycle through these numbers then move on to a different set. however this time it is ONLY playing these tracks. if I change to different MP3 CD it plays the same tracks and has issues playing random on a normal CD at all (I think it's a lack of tracks for these numbers)

Anyone got any ideas, aside from another trip to a dealer...

Hmm. That sounds like a funky problem. From my perspective, I could imagine something playing up with either how the MP3's were encoded, the ID3 track labelling in them, or the way in which the MP3 CD is burnt. I've seen those factors contribute to some weird playback issues before.

Alternatively, it could just be the head unit playing up, but then again, it may be fine and it only 'plays up' when given particular circumstances and therefore isn't technically at fault. You could bring it up with your dealer and see what they say I guess.

I would personally unplug the head unit completely and let it sit overnight then plug it back in the next day and see if it is still playing up. Worth a shot in my opinion.

I would personally unplug the head unit completely and let it sit overnight then plug it back in the next day and see if it is still playing up. Worth a shot in my opinion.

Thanks daryl... But for the love of god... Please don't give her ideas on pulling my baby apart!!!

I have only ever used home made mp3 data CDs in my stock Aurion head unit and it has never worked properly on the random setting in much the same way you described.

Edited by Hidden Taco

Thanks daryl... But for the love of god... Please don't give her ideas on pulling my baby apart!!!

Now Mr Wulfkind is having trouble sleeping thinking of what missus will try to make it rite.. hahahha :help:

Certain head units will only read MP3's encoded on certain software with certain signatures etc. Older ripped MP3's may get skipped altogether i have had issues with soem folders being skipped altogether because i ripped them over 5 years ago. Could just be my crappy computer though

my sugguestion(s) would be, is to burn/back up a new mp3 CD ... try not to use iTunes or any other media player plug-in to burn as well. I use Nero 7 and i have never had any issues at all with my playlists

Otherwise, as previously mentioned, an aftermarket headunit will solve ///\LL your problems and more :)