Consumer Awareness

I wish to share my experience with Lander Toyota Blacktown and hope no one else falls into the same mistakes or has problems.

I have 3 separate incidents regarding the same used Aurion.

If you CBF reading. Just read point 3.

1. When I purchased the car it had a substantial amount of scratches on it that can be buffed out/repaired. It also needed the whole back and front bumpers resprayed. On the promise sheet it was agreed that the back and front bumper would be repaired and the whole car would get a touch up detail. We shook hands and the car sales man took the promise sheet away for 2 minutes and came back for me to sign it. What I didn’t realise until the 2nd incident was that he had written up a new promise sheet that left out the whole car detail and only left the front and back respray. This is a very dodgy and angering tactic that takes someone who is a complete mongrel to do. My car sales person’s name is Jeenal. (I recognise I should have read the agreement again, but I hope you empathise that I was caught out by a snake)

2. a. I had to take the car off them for a week before the respray was done because the detailer was away. So I had to contact my sales person to organise a time. This was no easy feat, I called over 10 times for him or his manager over the space of a week so we could organise a time. Most of the cases reception couldn’t find them so reception left a message to return my call. Call returns never happened. A few times I called and was put through to totally random departments only having to call back again. The last time I called I stayed on call waiting until I got to talk to the used car manager after telling the receptionist I was calling to complain and they never call back.

b. I left the car with them for 2 days and organised my own transport. 2 days later I went to pick up the car after getting a call to pick it up and to my surprise nothing had been done to it. The used car manager argued with me that the work had been done. I changed his mind by blatantly pointing out how that wasn’t possible because of the damage still on both bumpers. They organised a car for me to take and actually did the painting this time. The used car manager’s name is Frank.

3. 2 months later I decided to pull off the mud guards so I could paint them. After pulling them off I realise that under the mud guards has not been painted and has started flaking in areas where the mud guards end. I took the car in to show the used car manager. He said that they don’t take them off to paint the guard and that it wouldn’t be repaired. I argued with him for a little longer proving to him that I had purchased something and agreed that the whole back would be resprayed. He then said he knew nothing about paint (after before telling me they don’t remove them… contradiction) and I would need to bring it in on Monday to show the detailer. So that is where I am at, at the moment. I will be taking it in and if they say that they don’t take them off when they spray them and won’t fix it then I am going to have to complain to consumer affairs.

Does anyone think I am being unreasonable? Do you think they should have taken off the guard to paint the rear bumper?

I hope no one else has issues of this sort from this dealer.

Edited by Hidden Taco

Damn man that sucks..

The only thing that would have happened to me was when i called them up to see how much it would cost to do touch ups to my car as well.. They said they would get back to me asap..

That was 4 months ago & i still havent received any calls yet.. Lol

dealers are so unreliable

Style: Oh, I would never go to a dealer for a touch up! Your ride looked in good nik when I saw it.

I read this and I think I have a case... I will print this out and take it with me.

http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/Consumer...warranties.html

Compensation for poorly provided services

Services must generally be carried out with due skill and care. This means that they should be of a standard and quality that could be reasonably expected from a competent person in that particular trade or industry.

It should be made clear to the service provider what a consumer wants done. If a consumer insists on having a service carried out in a particular way, or with particular materials against the service provider's advice, the service provider cannot be held responsible if the result is unsatisfactory because the method or materials were unsuitable. The parties involved should make a written note of any such requests.

If the service provider fails to meet its obligations, the consumer can claim compensation for expenses incurred as a result of loss or damage.

Some service providers try to limit their responsibility by using signs like 'No responsibility for loss or damage' or 'Goods left for repair at your own risk'. These signs are misleading. A consumer must generally be compensated for repairs or services that are not carried out with appropriate care and skill. For instance, carpet cleaners are responsible for making sure that their cleaning method doesn't negligently result in carpet shrinkage.

Hidden Taco, you are not being unreasonable at all, this is your car and if they promise and the price is agreed on that set of conditions then naturally they should fulfill the things they said they should do. Maybe they expect you to be an average driver who wouldn't take anything off the car, hence they can cut corners and get away with it.. With the current economy whereby car sales figures are flat bottom and they still try to con their customers then i hope they will close down real soon..

It sounds like you have tried, and failed, to deal with the matter direct with the dealership. Have you tried ringing Toyota Australia? North might still have their number on speed-dial ;)

Might be worth mentioning that you want it repaired elsewhere at Blacktown Toyota's cost.

I had a bad experience at Lander as well

Was promised a SILVER Echo for delivery only need deposit to secure

Was then railroaded to take a WHITE ECHO

I demanded my money back from the deposit and have the contract terminated

TOOK me a WHOLE MONTH for my deposit and a threatening letter from a solictor

Went to Sydney City Toyota and was accomodated IMMEDIATELY

I have had 2 issues with SCT but they handled one very well and the other very poorly

I no longer service my car at SCT due to their POOR RESPONSE to a Problem they created after treating me so well before that

I'd report them to Fair Trading and gather as much evidence as possible to support your claim. If you have photos of the previous damage (with timestamps) and photos of the current issues that would be ideal.

I'd report them to Fair Trading and gather as much evidence as possible to support your claim. If you have photos of the previous damage (with timestamps) and photos of the current issues that would be ideal.

I will try and resolve the problem first. I'm pretty sure the Office or Fair Trading will only help you if you try to resolve the problem before hand. If I don't get it fixed then I will have to report them for the rear bumper.

Unfortunately I don't think I have a case when it comes to my first incident (changing the promise sheet) as it is hard to prove. But have you ever tried to Google something about Toyota limited to Australia? TOCA gets pretty high up on the list and Google seems to crawl TOCA on the daily which helps me try and spread some awareness. Do not deal with Jeenal or Frank from Lander Toyota Blacktown because they are gutless snakes.

FYI

The problem was resolved and they resprayed the rear bumper again..

I am happy with the result even though the spray job is somewhat mediocre I will improve it with a buff at a later stage.

On a very positive side, they repaired the egg shell damage that happened on the rear bumper as well. :lol:

This has not reverse my bad feelings about the dealership. I still would not recommend anyone deal with Lander Toyota Blacktown (Specifically the used car dept.).

Thanks everyone for your advise and comments.

Sounds like you did the right thing.

Fair trading will not deal with you unless you are getting nowhere with the dealer. I had to go to them about a dodgy mechanic, and they more or less act like mediators than any kind of forceful authority.

Letting the rest of the Toyota community know about a shady dealer is the best way to hit back. I will make sure i steer clear of them in my search for a new car.

I would be spewing hard, do complain, im a spraypainter myself, and you always remove badges, bodykits, lights, door handles, pretty much anything thats attached to the section thats needs spraying...

You are no way in the wrong, and dirty dealers need to be punished!

Sounds like you did the right thing.

Fair trading will not deal with you unless you are getting nowhere with the dealer. I had to go to them about a dodgy mechanic, and they more or less act like mediators than any kind of forceful authority.

apart from the fact the decision is legally binding on the defendant and not on the plaintiff....

When i ordered my car from new town toyota they had it sitting there in wildfire as ordered but they had no spoilers available to them. I had been told spoilers where arriving two days later. 1 week later still no car. I rang up and said whats the deal and my dealer said oh the spoiler wont eb ready until the end of the month (3 weeks away) grrrr i asked if i could have the car and bring ti back to get the spoiler fitted. Of course i cant have it they cant garuntee the job on the spoiler if the car goes to me first??????? So i kicked nmy feet and stamped and went in there "i'm paying 32k and you wont even give me the car blah blah" i walked away with a new corolla loan car, and a free paint protection package to sweeten the wait.

I went in on agreed date the 29th feb only to be told they need another week to fit slim line weather shield. I told them to keep it and fit at first service.

Long story short my paint looks brilliant still possibly due to paitn protection package but waiting so long for my new car was a bit of s ousr experience just wanted it!

I absolutely refuse to deal with Lander, when I was buying my Aurion I went there and had an extremely bad experience with the salesman and I know for a fact that their service department is no better.

Damn it!! I didnt want to hear that as I was hoping the service dept. would be ok. HMM, I guess it cant be any worse then the ****** up Holden service centers.

I absolutely refuse to deal with Lander, when I was buying my Aurion I went there and had an extremely bad experience with the salesman and I know for a fact that their service department is no better.

Damn it!! I didnt want to hear that as I was hoping the service dept. would be ok. HMM, I guess it cant be any worse then the ****** up Holden service centers.

You're not required to use the service department at the place you bought the car unless you've got their crappy fixed price servicing going on...

I wish to share my experience with Lander Toyota Blacktown and hope no one else falls into the same mistakes or has problems.

I have 3 separate incidents regarding the same used Aurion.

If you CBF reading. Just read point 3.

1. When I purchased the car it had a substantial amount of scratches on it that can be buffed out/repaired. It also needed the whole back and front bumpers resprayed. On the promise sheet it was agreed that the back and front bumper would be repaired and the whole car would get a touch up detail. We shook hands and the car sales man took the promise sheet away for 2 minutes and came back for me to sign it. What I didn’t realise until the 2nd incident was that he had written up a new promise sheet that left out the whole car detail and only left the front and back respray. This is a very dodgy and angering tactic that takes someone who is a complete mongrel to do. My car sales person’s name is Jeenal. (I recognise I should have read the agreement again, but I hope you empathise that I was caught out by a snake)

2. a. I had to take the car off them for a week before the respray was done because the detailer was away. So I had to contact my sales person to organise a time. This was no easy feat, I called over 10 times for him or his manager over the space of a week so we could organise a time. Most of the cases reception couldn’t find them so reception left a message to return my call. Call returns never happened. A few times I called and was put through to totally random departments only having to call back again. The last time I called I stayed on call waiting until I got to talk to the used car manager after telling the receptionist I was calling to complain and they never call back.

b. I left the car with them for 2 days and organised my own transport. 2 days later I went to pick up the car after getting a call to pick it up and to my surprise nothing had been done to it. The used car manager argued with me that the work had been done. I changed his mind by blatantly pointing out how that wasn’t possible because of the damage still on both bumpers. They organised a car for me to take and actually did the painting this time. The used car manager’s name is Frank.

3. 2 months later I decided to pull off the mud guards so I could paint them. After pulling them off I realise that under the mud guards has not been painted and has started flaking in areas where the mud guards end. I took the car in to show the used car manager. He said that they don’t take them off to paint the guard and that it wouldn’t be repaired. I argued with him for a little longer proving to him that I had purchased something and agreed that the whole back would be resprayed. He then said he knew nothing about paint (after before telling me they don’t remove them… contradiction) and I would need to bring it in on Monday to show the detailer. So that is where I am at, at the moment. I will be taking it in and if they say that they don’t take them off when they spray them and won’t fix it then I am going to have to complain to consumer affairs.

Does anyone think I am being unreasonable? Do you think they should have taken off the guard to paint the rear bumper?

I hope no one else has issues of this sort from this dealer.

hey Hidden Taco

i feel your pain , but lucky in a way as worse as urs

so here it goes:

my family bought a rolla at blacktown lander it was our first car in aust since we were new to this country back in 2005

we were about to get the car at phil gibert at lidcombe NSW,

but my frd knows the salesman (Chris Cheung) there and he offered us $300 cheaper, plus genuine tinting, floor mat and a good plate number on the phone.

so we thought its worth going all the way in blacktown.

after we got there, now he said hes not sure if he can get us a good number, but he promised he will get anything else for us

ok fine, we still go ahead with the deal. read the contract, everything seems fine then he took it away and came back

we didnt read it again and signed it.

the day we picked the car, number isnt too bad but there were these $10 for 4 floor mat in the car. WTF

we went to confront him, he said its just for now cos they are out of stock. ok fine we will wait.

but guess u know what happened at the end.. he never got back to us.

and when i checked the contract again after , now its written " NON- genuine tint"

just so disappointed

this is just such an unpleasant buying experience.

one funny thing worth mention, we actual got the genuine floor mat now sitting in the car from the first place we were going to buy the car and its was FREE from the salesman that we almost bought the car from (frds connection)

just thought that i would like to share it with you all

Cheers

D35

nice work on getting what you asked for!

Our local Toyota Dealership has a preety bad name and upon searching for a sportivo i went to the used car section and the first 3 visits they stared at me and didn;t coem out to greet me so i left quite mad.

4th visit , for ****s and giggles i took my missus in there with me and as soon as they saw a preety little thing looking around they came rushing out , ofcourse i then asked if they had any ZZE123 Corolla sportivos locally in the used car lots and the reply was - no and you will never get one here we don;t sell them. I found this hard to belive as in the yard were camry sportivo's , aurions and also a TRD edition Aurion aswell as a TRD hilux and an echo/yaris sport.

Apart from this i have ehard really nasty things about the spare parts , and new cars lot also and will not be going there for my services on the stivo , why is it that i har so many bad stories from toyota dealerships? i must say , my girlfriend was abused at our local Holden dealership because she had a key ordered through spare parts that the service department claimed did not relate to her booking on the same day at the same time regarding having the key programmed , i can't say the guy would have shat normally for afew weeks afterwards from the dressing down he had afterwards.

My father had the rear lock mechanism go on his econvan so our local ford dealership charged him 500 bucks to replace it - i was spewing over this - but the worst of it , not included in their work was putting the rear door back together , the loom was left dangling out onto the roof jammed in the door , and all of the bolts were rolling around on the carpet - another example of what these clowns do!

i say , find an old fella who will give you a rundown of all his work and enjoy a beer with you afterwards , or learn to do it yourself! finding a trustworthy dealership is hard to comeby it seems!

i say , find an old fella who will give you a rundown of all his work and enjoy a beer with you afterwards , or learn to do it yourself! finding a trustworthy dealership is hard to comeby it seems!

damn true there eviltwin

D35

damn true there eviltwin

D35

Look, I need to defend Lander a little... Had a great experience with their used car people at KIA/Nissan today... Bought a 2006 Mazda 2 for the wife (thank god, now my Aurion won't cop all of the damage) and had nothing but good dealings with them... Mind you, they were a little pushy on the 'paint protection' but a little rudeness got her away from me pretty quick.