question about muffler/resonator

if i were to get a resonator from lets say magnaflow. if i was going to get a bigger or smaller would they do any difference to the sound of the stock stivo muffler?

also. if i bought a muffler is it true that twin tips would sound different compared to a single tip, even the same type of muffler?

Ive read a few threads and most people seem to go twin loop or magnaflow.

whats a muffler that's a little bit louder than stock while idling and SCREAMS at higher revs?

thanks guys!

ive got a magnaflow oval shape muffler with a single tip from the axel back. it screams at high revs, def louder then stock in low revs and a little bit louder then stock on idle.

on a side note, the previous owner who sold me this muffler said that this muffler is louder then the xforce twinloop. that might help you abit.

Give Hakan a call at Performance Exhaust Centre Northmead on (02) 9683 5688‎.

Excellent price and service. He will customise a system to what your after. I just got a cat back system done a few weeks back and couldn't be happier :clap:

The exhaust people I deal with and these guys have over 39 years experience with cars like Lamborghini, Ferrari and other high powered cars (and not so high powered ones) are Hi-Tech Mufflers at Darlinghurst. They have a huge factory at Bathurst and Lambros (the owner) will do anything to please you and custom make any exhaust system for any car.

All of their exhaust systems are mandrel bent and made of stainless steel, they don't use any of the mild steel rubbish which rusts after a while and of their systems have proven power and torque gains. They will even pay for the "before" and "after" dyno runs to prove the gains.

Sorry to but-in like that, but just thought I'd give a free plug to an excellent Sydney based business who I dealt with for over 5 years.

In case you're wondering, I do have an affiliation with them as part of the Australian X-Trail Club and they have been fantastic in supporting our members and designing top class exhaust systems (both cat. back and full exhaust system replacement including headers....etc)

Edited by jalalski

Hi Tech are good, but I should point out that they do use material other than stainless. My forester was the one they used to develop their forester GT exhaust on, it has a mild steel dump pipe.

The exhaust people I deal with and these guys have over 39 years experience with cars like Lamborghini, Ferrari and other high powered cars (and not so high powered ones) are Hi-Tech Mufflers at Darlinghurst. They have a huge factory at Bathurst and Lambros (the owner) will do anything to please you and custom make any exhaust system for any car.

I agree,they made and fitted SS cat back on my GTi and was worth every cent,sounded great and performed greater.

Planning on going back for this one soon and see what he can do..I also go past factory few times a month,good to have something thats still made here :)

Also Best Mufflers at Carlton,he is doing research on ZRE system for me,he has also sold a few Sportivo systems to owners in Vic

just poppin in a question. you know how we see in the pics for zre.. some of them has the dual exhaust on them.. i've been trying to find an exhaust shop to do that for me, however, the shops been telling me, its actually extremely difficult to put a dual exhaust on the zre.. because of the fuel tank and things are in the way.. the only way to have a "dual" is to stick on a fake one.

i was just wondering if you guys can shine any light on this matter? and if it is possible, would i be needing to replace the entire exhaust ie. from engine out, or just cat back? and where would you recommend going to in brisbane!

regards,

Jc

just poppin in a question. you know how we see in the pics for zre.. some of them has the dual exhaust on them.. i've been trying to find an exhaust shop to do that for me, however, the shops been telling me, its actually extremely difficult to put a dual exhaust on the zre.. because of the fuel tank and things are in the way.. the only way to have a "dual" is to stick on a fake one.

i was just wondering if you guys can shine any light on this matter? and if it is possible, would i be needing to replace the entire exhaust ie. from engine out, or just cat back? and where would you recommend going to in brisbane!

regards,

Jc

You can just do a cat back,muffler shop i went to suggested if i want a dual set up before i did,anyway a member here has done it but has vanished and has only put a couple of pics up,ithink member is nikko.a or something..

This little pic is for Auris from ProlexUK,Toms distributors but will cost $2k shipped :blink:

post-9535-1252231036_thumb.jpg