New Car finish

Coffs Harbour

the dealer we bought our car from offered us two care packages,not sure exactly was in each but did include tint and a clear coat for the paint

1st package was 1500

2nd package was 2000

either way i thought they were just a extra income source for the dealer and didnt bother,if i wanted a clear coat i would take to panel beaters and pay them directly,would probably be cheaper anyway.

p.s-i thought most cars came from the factory with aclear coat -please tell me if you know as i am interested in knowing for sure

thanks and cheers

the dealer we bought our car from offered us two care packages,not sure exactly was in each but did include tint and a clear coat for the paint

1st package was 1500

2nd package was 2000

either way i thought they were just a extra income source for the dealer and didnt bother,if i wanted a clear coat i would take to panel beaters and pay them directly,would probably be cheaper anyway.

p.s-i thought most cars came from the factory with aclear coat -please tell me if you know as i am interested in knowing for sure

thanks and cheers

99% of modern cars do come with a clear coast finish from the factory. the 'clear coat' your dealer is talking about is just the clear coat protectant stuff - a polish. they try to rephrase it different ways so it sounds fabulous, but its the same old.

• 4 weeks later...

The issue has not ben resolved yet.

A complaint was lodged with fair trading and with much debate Coffs Harbour Toyota have agreed to pay us for the repairs but with conditions.

They wish to pay us the repair amount as quoted by one of the smash repair places, this of course will remove all there responsibilaty of having the car fixed properly on to us. (more like compensation rather than actualy fixing the problem)

As we are not after compenstation but simply the NEW car we paid for I am very scepticial of there offer and am going to check with the smash repair place if the quote is still valid and also check with "End Rust" who applied the rust protection as to whether out "life time warreny" is still current after the boot lid has been repaired (resprayed)

I do not trust Coffs Harbour Toyota one little bit after they cut corners and supplied a used boot lid with a new car so letting them cut more corners with fixing the problem raises very loud alarms.

Edited by Coffs Harbour

1st package was 1500

2nd package was 2000

thanks and cheers

99% of modern cars do come with a clear coast finish from the factory. the 'clear coat' your dealer is talking about is just the clear coat protectant stuff - a polish. they try to rephrase it different ways so it sounds fabulous, but its the same old.

thanks matee,sorry took so long to reply-only just seen your reply

thanks again and cheers corey

Just went to the smash reair place to get them to cheek that everything was OK with them.

They done a throurough inspection and noticed the inside of the boot lid needs also respraying.

Another quote was done with the inside of the boot lid respray done and the badges removed from the quote. (Coffs Harbour Toyota will be suppling the badges).

Also went to "End Rust" They said that respraying the boot lid would not void and warrenty. I asked for this in writing but they said they would need to see the car once the repairs had been done.

Bloody hell... have to jump through hoops to get this sorted huh?

Really, Toyota should just replace the bootlid with one that suits the car. There's bound to be one that has it. Toyota shouldn't be paying for someone else to spray the bootlid... Toyota should be replacing it with one that suits the car.. it's obvious they've swapped it before you bought it.

• 2 weeks later...

If "End Rust " had of given us written conformation that the boot lid would still be covered under there "Life time" warrenty after the repairs had been done we would have accepted Coffs Harbour Toyota's offer. BUT End Rust would not give is this written guarentee.

So we are going to court.

Edited by Coffs Harbour

Last weekend , I went and got my car washed at Magic Car Wash on Racecourse Road in North Melbourne.

I had been there many times before and they had generally been ok.

This time was different....

I had a small, 10 cm "streak" of tar or bird crap or whatever it was on the top drivers side corner of the bonnet.

After repeated washes , it refused to budge and I had basically left it , not being bothered to use a tar remover etc.

Anyway , the guys at this place went about washing my car, when I went to collect it , I instantly spotted that the streak of tar had been removed ..... why ? Because some ******* had scratched the **** out of the paint on order to remove it.

I don't know what the hell they had used , but you would think that Blind Freddy would have realised after the first scratch to stop; whereas this moron had continued over and over again from different directions !

I was in a hurry to get to an appointment , so had a brief word to one of the guys there who basically played dumb.

I should have had a word to whoever was manager , but decided to leave.

IF I go there again , I will be talking to whoever is in charge. I only let it slide so far because the car is old and I'd like to update in a year or so.

If "End Rust " had of given us written conformation that the boot lid would still be covered under there "Life time" warrenty after the repairs had been done we would have accepted Coffs Harbour Toyota's offer. BUT End Rust would not give is this written guarentee.

So we are going to court.

GOOD LUCK MATE! GO GET WHAT YOU DESERVE AND SHOW THOSE BLOODY DEALERS THEY CAN'T KEEP WALKING OVER OUR HEADS! :clap::clap::toast::toast: