My name's Bryan and I'm a Lift-a-holic

Hi All,

I'm 25, in Melbourne and about 12-15hours away from picking up my new Silver '05 Sportivo... can't wait. I walked into the dealership last Monday for a trade-in price and quote on the 3dr Rav4 CV Sport run-out model and walked away with a price for the base CV (no 'free' package). I walked back in and the rest is history. Btw, I already had a 3dr Rav4 Extreme: Never a black car again and what was I thinking when I wanted to upgrade a 2year old car with one the same?? (Could be 70,000km and the larger 2.4lt engine)

My sis has a 2001 Celica with only 25,000km on it (Toyota exec driven and she hardly drives) so I'm not new to the hi-po engine, but she drives auto and the drive is very uninspired, so I got a shock when I let the clutch out at the start of the test drive and left a short black mark on the service centre driveway (they were a little displeased, until I returned and they saw my smile and signature).

One of the customers at our family business retired nearly 10 years ago after 25years with Toyota Quality Control, and another is still there and just clocked up 20years himself, so between them they've seen, driven, tested emmissions and crash tested every model Toyota even thought about bringing into the country and seen the fun side of Japanese testing circuits dozens of times... what a job! (shhhh! word is a chance of a 230kW AWD Camry and HOT new styling next year).

Back to the point; when I mentioned to these guys that a Sportivo was about to make its home in my garage, the retired guy called it the 'new supra' and the still employed engineer went quiet and looked like he was recalling a 'sexual encounter',, only saying: "you'll enjoy it, it's quicker than the celica". (Btw, is it quicker?)

Well, now that I've introduced myself, I'd love other Melbourne members to make themselves known and I had some warranty issues with my RAV4 so I'd also like to hear about what are the issues you've all had with the Sportivos (I know about the clutch and gear selector cables).

Welcome, Enjoy the New Car.

At the Top, Xoom has created a listing that shows where every member is from, It's sorted by state so you should be able to find all the Melbourne Members there.

Also, a list of issues have been pinned to the top that you can read through, otherwise just have a read through the previous threads - It's all there.

By the way good to see you picked the best colour, Another Member of TEAM SILVER ! :lol:

hey dude! another melbournian! way cool ;) welcome to the forums :)

i'm guessing you're just a couple of hours away from picking up your stivo! damn i'd be excited as well... wanna go for a drag sometime?! :rolleyes: jk!

i'll buy your front bumper off you though! :D

Cheers! Have fun~

The force it grows strong mmmm team silver will defeat the dark side and silver will reign victorious mmm (read in yoda voice from star wars!!)

Welcome man - silver the only way to go.

Yes welcome mate and hope we can all help you

i also have a 05 stivo but in BLACK :ph34r: muahahahah :lol::lol::lol:

but i tell u one thing it is a pain to keep clean

well so far i have had no dramas with the car mechanically it is perfect

but cosmetically when we picked up the car the passengers side front lip spolier was coming off, it wasnt put on properly. but i had this fixed under warranty, u better check dis urslelf because my fathers friend also just purchased a 05 tivo n had d same problem n didnt know about it. plus his spoties had a mind of there own they went on and off ahahahahah :lol::lol::lol:

i'm guessing you're just a couple of hours away from picking up your stivo! damn i'd be excited as well... wanna go for a drag sometime?! :rolleyes: jk!

i'll buy your front bumper off you though!  :D

Actually, I picked it up around 2pm, took about 1hour to go through everything and have a good laugh with nearly every sales person there.

As for the bumper, I'm keeping it! :) Also, my best friend came over tonight an mentioned the centre section has a HSV vibe with the way it's recessed. (Think of the gold painted section in a Senator)

At the Top, Xoom has created a listing that shows where every member is from, It's sorted by state so you should be able to find all the Melbourne Members there. 

Also, a list of issues have been pinned to the top that you can read through, otherwise just have a read through the previous threads - It's all there.

By the way good to see you picked the best colour, Another Member of TEAM SILVER !  :lol:

Thanks for the pointer to membership list, I assume you're meaning the 'Members' link at the top right of each page. I can't see the locations of the members, it seems to be sorted alphabetically, but I only had a quick look before responding, if it's there, I'll find it.

I've read a heck of a lot of the posts and paid particular attention to the Sticky topic, but was curious about what issues ppl have had that the dealer was happy to fix quickly and not chronic issues like the clutch and gear selection problems, more things that point toward poor quality control (scratches, stitching, panel/plastic alignments etc).

Go Team SILVER! Yaaay! I really like the black, especially when photographed well, but the maintenance of it is a bummer and my RAV was black and showed scuffs, scratches and dirt clearly. I like the silver too because it isn't that plain matte or boring colour like the Pulsars have, but rather something which is a little darker, but shows a certain depth in the paint.

well so far i have had no dramas with the car mechanically it is perfect

but cosmetically when we picked up the car the passengers side front lip spolier was coming off, it wasnt put on properly. but i had this fixed under warranty, u better check dis urslelf because my fathers friend also just purchased a 05 tivo n had d same problem n didnt know about it. plus his spoties had a mind of there own they went on and off ahahahahah :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I haven't gone over the car with a fine toothed comb yet, I had to get back to work and finished after dark. I did notice a little thing (while quickly showing my parents) with the rubber strip that runs between the front bar and the added 'under-lip'. It looks like it's a little too short or that it wasn't placed properly, but it's not a big issue. Another small one was a piece of plastic on the rear passenger door sill down near the skirt that I couldn't work out why it was there.

There's always the morning light and a quick hose down to get the dust from this afternoon's winds off it. It'll gimme a chance to have a good look at it and take some notes once the excitement has fully subsided.

To all, thanks for the welcome, I'm always up for a cruise and a meet-up. 1am Monday morning for Souvlaki/ToastedSandwiches @Hollywood Palace on Bridge Road Richmond is a fairly regular thing. Topelz Pizza on Chapel St Windsor or Chapelli's down the other end near Toorak Rd are other places I frequent in the mid-night hours of the quieter Chapel St days.

I'm always around Blackburn and Glen Waverly and as I live in the Dandenongs, Olinda-Rowville-Packenham is my home territory and I know some fun drives and great views.

I'm sure we'll meet in person soon enough, but until then: Drive Hard, Stay Safe.