more lighting questions bout gen 6 camry

Tinz

hi all,

i'm in the midst of changing over as many globes as i possibly can while i am in the mood for it... just done my interior personal lights coz thats relatively easy to identify (same as parkers).

next on the list is the cabin lights... i noe its a festoon double end type globe... just wondering if gen 6 camry owners the exact size?? is it 31mm? also, it states in the user manual 8W... how does that equate in terms of volt... any magic number i shouldnt exceed??

following that... reverse lights... it says wedge type 16W... any idea what i need??

would it be a pain to change that reverse lights out (ie... as bad as parkers??)

BIG BIG THANKS!

... the exact size?? is it 31mm?

That is correct. It is a 31mm festoon bulb.

also, it states in the user manual 8W... how does that equate in terms of volt... any magic number i shouldnt exceed??

That is the wattage. In layman terms, it's basically the brightness. With 31mm festoon bulbs, you can usually find them in 10W. That will be fine to use. Basically you don't want to go any higher than that because it will produce more heat and is not so friendly on the plastic light assembly.

All car bulbs will be 12 volts.

following that... reverse lights... it says wedge type 16W... any idea what i need??

It is a 16W bulb with a T10 bulb style base (actually called a T15 bulb). This is what it looks like:

dsc05082h.jpg

If you go to Repco or anything like that, the NARVA product number is '17631'.

would it be a pain to change that reverse lights out (ie... as bad as parkers??)

A 3 minute job. Just take out a few clips that hold the boot lid liner in place and you can then access the bulbs. Something similar to this (first few photos):

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...mp;#entry285229

... the exact size?? is it 31mm?

That is correct. It is a 31mm festoon bulb.

also, it states in the user manual 8W... how does that equate in terms of volt... any magic number i shouldnt exceed??

That is the wattage. In layman terms, it's basically the brightness. With 31mm festoon bulbs, you can usually find them in 10W. That will be fine to use. Basically you don't want to go any higher than that because it will produce more heat and is not so friendly on the plastic light assembly.

It is a 16W bulb with a T10 bulb style base (actually called a T15 bulb). This is what it looks like:

dsc05082h.jpg

If you go to Repco or anything like that, the NARVA product number is '17631'.

A 3 minute job. Just take out a few clips that hold the boot lid liner in place and you can then access the bulbs. Something similar to this (first few photos):

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...mp;#entry285229

cheers mate.

In layman terms, it's basically the brightness. With 31mm festoon bulbs, you can usually find them in 10W. That will be fine to use. Basically you don't want to go any higher than that because it will produce more heat and is not so friendly on the plastic light assembly.

I had to change the interior light globe on my Gen 4 yesterday.

I went to three auto shops but none of them had 31mm festoon bulbs in 8W. I ended up going with a 10W based on advice that an additional 2W would be fine but anything more is not recommended.