My 2002 Camry Sportivo V6 Manual

birdie

Here's some photos of my 2002 Camry Sportivo V6 - Manual.

Details:

- Factory optional Sunroof

- TRD Grille

- Sportivo High Spoiler

- Toyota 17x7" Vortex Mags

- King Super Lows (I believe... They were on the car when i bought it)

Audio:

- Kicker 12" L7 sub

- Response 820w Monoblock

- Focal 165KP 6.5" Front Splits

- Pioneer DEH6850MP

Carputer (in Progress - not installed yet... nearly there)

- 7" custom molded in-dash screen

- 1.8Ghz Pentium M CPU

- 1GB Ram

- 120GB 2.5" HDD

- USB GPS

- USB Bluetooth

- USB WiFi

- Centrafuse frontend with Aussie maps.

Photos:

DSCF4712__Medium__copy.jpg

DSCF4714__Medium__copy.jpg

DSCF4717__Medium__copy.jpg

DSCF5015__Medium_.JPG

DSCF5017__Medium_.JPG

DSCF5027__Medium_.JPG

DSCF5028__Medium_.JPG

IMG_3217.jpg

Mods I'd like to do:

- TRD Supercharger

- Leather Interior

- 19 or 20" mags

I love this car:

IMG_1132.JPG

- Maybe a different rear lip, something like this:

car2.jpg I love that car..

Edited by birdie

very nice. She looks really good.

edit: Paint looks in really good condition, is it? or is that just some PP?

Thanks :-) Its in pretty good condition... that was the day i bought the car (which is now about 2 years ago) and also you can't see in those photos the driver door... I had owned the car for about 5mins and i was just leaving the place i bought the car from and went down the road a bit did a 3 point turn and was about to take off and then some stupid b#### reverses out of her driveway without looking in her old crappy commodore and reversed straight into my door... Luckily dad had gotten an insurance cover note for it and i was able to claim in on my insurance and the lady had no insurance so she had to cough up about $2500 to the insurance company... so i got a new drivers door and the drivers side of the car repainted... but i still have a minor issue with an air leak somewhere near my mirror but i haven't been able to identify exactly where it is... as it only happens about above 80kph so its hard to look when i'm driving... and then i've got a couple of minor scratches from shopping car parks :-( damn people can't be more careful... but when i wash and polish it, it still comes up looking like that... its just a shame i don't have the time to wash and polish it enough... (also now that i got married in July) the flat i live in with my wife doesn't have a garage for my car so it sits outside and gets filthy...

Looking good Mate.

Certainly is a high spoiler..

Yeah it is... i sort of like it cause its different from the rest of the camrys i see driving around... but i definately wouldn't have put it on.. i'd prefer to get a small lip spoiler for it to go for the luxury look..

i think i saw your car on another forum a while ago, and i fell in love with it :D

definitely one of the nicest camry's ive seen around. did you get the grille and spoiler off the dealer when you bought it? i've been looking around everywhere for these and cant locate any at all

i think i saw your car on another forum a while ago, and i fell in love with it :D

definitely one of the nicest camry's ive seen around. did you get the grille and spoiler off the dealer when you bought it? i've been looking around everywhere for these and cant locate any at all

Oh wow :blush: The car as it is in those photos is how i bought it from the lady i bought it (private sale). Its called the TRD grille... You may be able to get it from a toyota dealer... or you may need to source one from overseas.

Yeah it is... i sort of like it cause its different from the rest of the camrys i see driving around... but i definately wouldn't have put it on.. i'd prefer to get a small lip spoiler for it to go for the luxury look..

if you ever wanna get rid of it, youve got a buyer :P

Hey mate, that's a great looking Camry! Can't wait to see the end result of the carputer too hehehe Good to see that more and more Camry owners are joining the boards :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Long time since an update...

Been slowly making a bit more progress on my carpc... the screen mount is just about finished... been trying to make it perfectly smooth (had a couple of tiny pin holes i had to fill with spot putty) and its nearly ready to paint... got some silver paint mixed to match the climate control surround... and will also repaint the door handles (interior) as they have lost a bit of paint in its life... mainly from fingernails i'm guessing...

I've also been working on a mount for my Pioneer CD player for down in front of the gear stick... I've got to make fibreglass face for it so i can mount the cd player...

If anyone's interested I can post some photos of my progress so far...

Also on a sad note, a couple of weekends ago, I had to pull out my Focal speakers from the front as they are playing up... :-( the drivers side one was making a distorting sound with bass (most noticeable with male's speaking), and when i pulled out the passenger side as well it seems the coil in it is seized inside the magnet... so I've got to price getting them repaired versus getting them replaced :-( So back to the stock 6x9"s in the front doors for now...

Also got stuffed shocks atm, in the process of getting quotes to get them replaced... leaning towards KYB Excel-G stuts at the moment...

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got my new shocks installed yesterday, I went with the KYB Excel-G shocks. So I got the 4 new shocks, new bump stops all around, a new rubber boot for one of the front shocks, and a front wheel alignment. Total of $1175 fitted...

The guy told me my rear passenger shock was completely stuffed, you could push it down fairly easily but it was hard to pull back up, aka rooted... and the bump stop was non-existent on it... and the other rear shock was well and truly stuffed too, and the fronts were stuffed as well.

Definitely a noticeable difference in the handling and ride now... A lot smoother and quieter :) The car is sitting higher now though, but the guy said they will settle down over a couple of months. And he checked what springs I have and they are King Lows, not super lows that I originally thought... (they were already of the car, so I had no idea)..

Now just to fix the couple of rattles that I have (one being the sunroof) and get my car tidied up again...

I need to get a few parts resprayed on my car... The rear bumper needs doing, someone has clipped my bumper in a car park at some stage and didn't leave a note, my front body kit lip has got the paint cracked and has fallen off in a couple of spots (probably due to hitting stupid high concrete blocks at the front of nose-in car parks around town (some of them are way too high :blink:) and I have a new rear driver's side door handle to get painted as the one on the car broke one day and the back part of the plastic where it pivots broke... And while I'm at I'll get my bonnet resprayed to fix the stone chips and a couple of spots where a had a bird crap eat through my clear coat :angry:

So that's the next on the list of big bills for my car (hopefully my last too)... :(

Edited by birdie

Kings only make a superlow spring for the rear, they don't make the fronts.

As for a cracking bodykit, I believe the term "Sportivo Accessories Bodykit" has been thrown about lately... B)

Kings only make a superlow spring for the rear, they don't make the fronts.

As for a cracking bodykit, I believe the term "Sportivo Accessories Bodykit" has been thrown about lately... B)

Hmm, the guy looked at the King catalouge yesterday while i was there and he showed me that they had lows and super lows... but i didn't see if it mentioned only being for the front or rear... so what are you saying? are you saying that I would have super low' in the rear, and lows in the front?

Well its not the bodykit cracking, just the paint... it could have been a dodgy respray job from when i had to get my car fixed up after buying it... long story, but basically I'd owned the car for about 5 mins, was leaving the house of the person i'd bought it from and a stupid lady in an old commodore backed out of her driveway without looking behind her, and back straight into my drivers door... so yeah i had to get the door replaced and they resprayed a the front guard, and the rear door, and i think they did the front bumper as well... and i haven't been 100% happy with their attitude and the job they did, so yeah that's probably why the paints cracked of the lip so easily...

New bodykit would be nice anyway man ;)

Kings only make superlows for the 36 series for the rear. You'd have to run King lows in the front or Lovells superlows in the front (or alternatively run Lovells supers in the front and rear) OR get Kings to make a superlow spring for you. It's kind wierd because my rear looks to sit lower than my front.

It sucks that the lows still sit quite high. My camry still looks like a 4wd.