Air Intake

Hello...I was thinking of buying a KN air filter, but not the pod (the rectangular shape). It cost $110 from Repco.

Is it going to give me some power compare to the CAI?

Or is there a Air Flow Meter adapter that you can buy, so you can put a pod filter?

Also, where can I go inregards to Corolla parts and modifications? Around Melbourne?

Thanks

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi In_D_Major,

I believe your refering to a panel filter. Well i've own both a TRD panel filter and then upgraded to a CAI.

And i'll tell you they are completely different. The panel filter might give u a bit of performance improvement but from my experience it was not noticeable at all and if you think about all u have done is changed the filter you have not in any way enhanced how much air gets to your filter...

A CAI on the sportivo has made such a huge difference because the stock setup on the car is absolutely shocking and has been setup in such a way that it is actually restricting performance which is why a panel filter doesnt really aid a whole lot.

My recommendation to you is save the $100+ and put it towards a CAI.... Hey if you cant afford a TRD one it doesnt matter as there are plenty of other cheaper brands around...

Also model corolla do you have ?

cheers

Bill

Im thinking of getting a pod filter for my 1zzfe powered 2003 Corolla.

All the dudes out here in New Zealand just get a pod filter and have some custom piping done, not really much of this bolt-on stuff. And it turns out cheaper.

Which would be a better option, I buy a K&N pod filter and get the workshop to make a custom box and everything for it, or to buy a "bolt-on"?

Performance and price advantages would be appreciated.

Thanks Xoom and Danz for the info. I've got a 2003 Corolla Ascent. It's stock at

the moment. Tho i've got 17 inch wheels and 215 tyres on it. I've got a sports

muffler but I had to take it off coz I was caught by the EPA for being too loud!

My air filter is very dirty so I was thinking of buying a new one. But I might as well

go for a sports air filter like K & N or some other brand. I want to put a CAI on it

that's why I came here for some info.

Cheers

Yo...xoom if you've upgraded to CAI, do you still have your TRD panel filter?

If so, how much are you willing to sell it? Does it matter if you put a sports panel

filter or a CAI to an automatic 2003 corolla?

P.S. Danz...the website you posted is under construction!

PEACE OUT

i got the ascent too and put in the toms filter and really like it. have no plans on changing this.

What difference did it make, kcorro?

Not just power, but general feel and any change in sound?

www.suprastores.com

go grab some AEM or Injen CAI there, should be around $300ish landed.

hi man, can u provide us with an intact link please? i clicked on it and nothing came up, it siad "under construction". or if you could provide me the telephone number of the shop, that'd be great.

cheers

tony

how often do u need to repalce the pod or clean it??

danz, i went to the suprastore.com and was trying to find the cai for corolla but none was there. do u actually order the one for mr2? this is the american website, isn't it? how much does it take to send the cai over here?

cheers

tony

thanks, danz for the info

anybody knows about blitz cai and where to get this?

i will try to get the qoute from suprastore tonight and will post it on the forum

Blitz do not make CAI, they have short ram kit. speak to stockvvti

he got a good set up, complete with heat shield box and cold air induction piping to ensure cold ***** intake.

danz, i went to the suprastore.com and was trying to find the cai for corolla but none was there. do u actually order the one for mr2? this is the american website, isn't it? how much does it take to send the cai over here?

cheers

tony

hmmm, i am not sure, but u will need to clean it after a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time. Although, each 10000km is not a bad idea aswell to clean it. I read that dust particle actually helps the filteration too, i got that from K&N cleaning kit manual.

cheers

tony

hmmm, i am not sure, but u will need to clean it after a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time. Although, each 10000km is not a bad idea aswell to clean it. I read that dust particle actually helps the filteration too, i got that from K&N cleaning kit manual.

Yo...Danz...thanks alot for the K&N air filter. The Corolla runs better around mid-range.

Also thanks for all the info inregards to the basic mods for the Corolla. I appreciate it.

P.S. Man you're car is pretty good man...keep up the good work!

I'll buy the clear tail lights in a few weeks then I'll take a photo and post it here.

Cheers

PEACE

In D Major

cheers

tony

Yo...Danz...thanks alot for the K&N air filter. The Corolla runs better around mid-range.

Also thanks for all the info inregards to the basic mods for the Corolla. I appreciate it.

P.S. Man you're car is pretty good man...keep up the good work!

I'll buy the clear tail lights in a few weeks then I'll take a photo and post it here.

Cheers

PEACE

In D Major

Anytime my friend. Thanks for your comment, I am sure others in this forum can help you also the way it helped me reached the point i am at with my car. Yeah, the K&N will be better than stock, give it a bit more time for the ECU to adjust the new air flow, i guaranteed your throttle respond will be smoother. Next, do the throttle body coolant bypass, you won't regret it :)

Anytime my friend. Thanks for your comment, I am sure others in this forum can help you also the way it helped me reached the point i am at with my car. Yeah, the K&N will be better than stock, give it a bit more time for the ECU to adjust the new air flow, i guaranteed your throttle respond will be smoother. Next, do the throttle body coolant bypass, you won't regret it :)

Yeah by the way tell how to go about that will ya? Can you send me a link or a step by step info for the throtte body coolant bypass?

Thanks Again Danz

Cheers