Replacing Tyres for Camry 06

alokahuja

Hi All,

I need to replace all 4 tires on my Camry 06. I have the Dunlop Sports SP 300e in the following size 215/60R16 currently.

I have been getting quotes for the same size in the range for 150-170 from all the main tyre sellers. Have called so many people using the google search but still could not find any bargain.

I have narrowed my choice down to either the Dunlop Sports SP 300e or the MICHELIN Primacy. Both are costing me 160 AUD. The michelins have a special going where they are giving a free TOM TOM. I am inclined on the Michelin's for this reason however i dont want to buy tyres which are no good and dont last me long enough.

The dunlops have lasted me 50K. The Camry is a family car so i dont expect racing performance from my tyres. I am interested in Mileage, Handling,& Fuel Efficiency in order of preference but NOT at the cost of too much road noise.

What do you recommend, i am open to suggestions on both the tyres and a bargain dealer.

Please note that this car was a rental car before i bought it and had done about 25K's on the odo.

• 3 weeks later...

i personally like Michelin more than Dunlop

i used to run on Michelin Pilot Preceda...They are awesome tyres and last 4x,xxx kms.

The grip is also excellent.

Since they are same price and you get a free TOM TOM, why not?

If you dont want it, you can still get it and sell me for recover...haha

All,

I finally bought the michellins for 155 $ each 2 weeks ago. The ride quality is good and their is reduced road noise as well.

I based my decision on the fact that the TOM TOM One which is probably worth 200$ brings down my cost to almost 100$ a tyre. Too good a deal to have given away for say 5-10 % quality difference. Plus, i am a normal city driver so handling is not that big a concern

Thank you all for ur responses

tyre companies and promotions lately, ayy??

how do you find the Michelins so far . . . and how long did it take for the GPS to arrive?

Cheers! :)

tyre companies and promotions lately, ayy??

how do you find the Michelins so far . . . and how long did it take for the GPS to arrive?

Cheers! :)

So far i dont regret my decision. I am yet to receive the Tom Tom. Will let you guys know when i do