Chinese made Highlander

Hado

All

I found some pictures of the Chinese made Highlander on local forums:

China Car Forums

There doesn't seem to be any major differences from the USA models.

Minor differences I can see are:

• Cigarette lighter and ash tray
  • Rear foglight on drivers (left) side
  • Chinese character name on rear
  • Optional lovely shagpile carpet mats

As interest in the model develops I am sure this will lead to many more accessories coming out of China like this:

Rear Light Guard :unsure:

Kind Regards

Hado

there is no major differences apart that is made in China's factories so its cheaper/affordable than imported Kluger/Highlander...

the only distinctive sign you know thats Chinese made is on the left side of the boot would have the region of where the car was made...

price wise from memory i was told imports would have about 10k - 20k over the locally made Klugers, cars such as the Landcruisers are actually more expensive than ours in Australia but didnt found out wat sort of trim levels was available...

they only need to pay annual comprehensive insurance but they are not required to pay 'regos' and they need to scrape their vehicles every 8 years...

Wish Toyota would import the Crowns into Australia as I would take one over the Aurions :P

Edited by Speedz

• 1 month later...

lol

steering wheels looks right to me, i doubt they are suppose to be leaning to the left...

the Dunnies look like it has been pull backwards lol tbh... so was my Yaris aftermarket rims from Tempe Tyres... :P

Have a look at the cup holders in the centre console. They don't have the rubber inserts, instead they have a spring loaded tab.

Edited by Kesawi

Agree - I rather have the spring loaded tabs too.

The rubber inserts get stuck on cans and on the USA forums some members report their better halves (its never them) throwing them in the trash with cans. :o

They cost US$32 each to replace. :(

Have a look at the cup holders in the centre console. They don't have the rubber inserts, instead they have a spring loaded tab.

That was one of my wife's first removal mods so she could fill it with stuff and I can mount the radio in it when need be :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
I want that Chinese logo! LOL

Ashtray? Where is it?

The black Grande/Limited on the first page with tan interior has an ashtray in the 2nd cup holder and a lighter rather than another 12v outlet.

I want the 'Sport' door logo ;)

I want that Chinese logo! LOL

Ashtray? Where is it?

The black Grande/Limited on the first page with tan interior has an ashtray in the 2nd cup holder and a lighter rather than another 12v outlet.

I want the 'Sport' door logo ;)

Oh I saw it. Thought it was a coffee lol.

Sport logo/badge is US based. The "KX-S" model of US is sport and "Grande" is Limited. Of course, the spec is slightly different.

Scary!

I would say its scary as its made in China.....if its like everything else in our house that is made in China quality is poor and it doesnt last!

I try and avoid buying anything made in China even if its cheap as you end up buying something else to replace the inferior quality item.

One would hope their cars are different!

^

then good luck! Kuglers there would be assemble off the line but with major components such as engine and gearbox imported from Japan as a one piece unit...

blanket statements like urs doesnt help anyone on the boards...

I would say its scary as its made in China.....if its like everything else in our house that is made in China quality is poor and it doesnt last!

I try and avoid buying anything made in China even if its cheap as you end up buying something else to replace the inferior quality item.

I dare you to post your comment on an Apple forum and then duck for cover from all the angry Mac, iPhone and iPod users!

However, when it comes to some cars made in China, well that may be a different story. See the ANCAP crash test of the Great Wall V240 ute in the latest NRMA Open Road or here:

http://www.mynrma.com.au/cps/rde/xchg/mynr...s-v240-2009.htm

Ken.

However, when it comes to some cars made in China, well that may be a different story. See the ANCAP crash test of the Great Wall V240 ute in the latest NRMA Open Road or here:

http://www.mynrma.com.au/cps/rde/xchg/mynr...s-v240-2009.htm

Ken.

Results aren't too crash hot, although I suspect it is more to do with the design rather than manufacture.

• 3 weeks later...
^

then good luck! Kuglers there would be assemble off the line but with major components such as engine and gearbox imported from Japan as a one piece unit...

blanket statements like urs doesnt help anyone on the boards...

Firstly, you call it a blanket statement I call it a general statement or just a generalisation!

Secondly, I didnt know this thread was started to help anyone buy a Chinese assembled Kluger, so I cant see how my generalisation was not helping "anyone on the boards". I was just expressing my entitled opinion from the experiences I have had in regards to products purchased from China.

It looks as though you are happy with all your products from there so I am happy for you. I wish I could could be so satisfied.

If anyone has been hindered from my comments in these forums I sincerely apologise as it was not the intent :)

Edited by Freewuns

hopefully when i get a chance in China next year is to drive a Kluger!

I am sure we will all look forward to your road test results and pics! :)

Edited by Freewuns