x pack extreme vehicle protection

ALK11N

Hi all, I just signed the contract for kluger kxs with x pack extreme vehicle protection and I wasnt sure about this paint protection pack.

Anyway business manager told us we can take it off later from contract.

I need your advices about this package and its price. I bought the car for 49,880 and x pack extreme vehicle protection was 1,595.

It comes with life time warranty.

Thanks

from what i have heard from ppl i would ditch it......leather protection maybe but aparently the exterior paint protection is void unless certain cleaning agents used...so cant use your meguiars and such and also iy you do a poilish / wax you basically remove it anyway. There will be some other guys with more knowledge of it that will answer but i feel if you wash your car, polish and wax at certain intervals 1595$ would go a hell of a long way on some good products for interior and exterior

+1 to what jaderd said. $1500 would probably get you a DA polisher, pads plus enough products to last the time you have the car. With the paint protection you will still need to wash and maintain the finish on your car anyway.

As for the leather, it depends on what the plan offers and requires you to do. I've had a similar plan on my leather furniture at home, which only cost $250 and basically covers free repair for pretty much any damage. With kids I've already made several claims and it has been worth every cent. The cleaning and conditioning products are actually pretty good too. If the interior protection package is of a similar cost and offers similar benefits then it would be worthwhile. I suggest you do some numbers, phone up someone and get a ball park figure to repair/clean the leather in the car, add on $50 for products over the life of the car and you'll probably find it's cheaper not to get the protection plan by the time you factor in the risk.

I've used Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner/Conditioner for treating the leather and Meguiars Gold Class Rich Leather Wipes for quickly cleaning up spills and dirt, which has worked well so far. The Leather Doctor also produces an automotive care product, which I haven't used, but they are the company that I've used whenever I've had to do anything with leather furniture and they do amazing work.

Also see the following threads in the Detailing - Show & Shine section of the TOCAU forum:

Factory Paint protection???, ANyone waxed over it??

Paint protection

Edited by Kesawi