zre152 injen CAI

it looks the part bro!! good work... it feels heaps better past 4 geez then gets really loud past 5 aye??

it sure does but it actually kicks in around the 3500 and sounds gum at 4500 it's awesome it was a wait well worth it, o and you know how you said you only removed the battery? i dad to remove my front bar to get my air filter through, on the other note who's up for a ZRE photoshoot? i'm quite happy to organise i just need some suggestions on some places and a available time for everyone.

Charlie

im up for that!

You know iam jealous now dont you? worth the wait then Charlie, good work :)

Ive been looking at the throttle controllers and all around $400 - $500+ Blitz, Buddy Club etc but i found this a couple of weeks ago

and now dropped the price, what you think?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Electronic-Throttle...id=p3286.c0.m14

yea it was definately worth the wait john, now just to wait for the next cruise to actually muck around with it lol, also that throttle contoller that's the 1 i was doing my research into as my contact can offer it to me at a much better price to test and trial on the new gen corolla's, my mate has got 1 in his new gen honda civic and you do notice the acceleration difference in those selected modes, but i'll let you know how i got with it, i still wanna lower my car hehe, since it still stands at a fair height lol.

Ascendant Rice Posted Today, 12:22 AM

QUOTE (flipsta24 @ Sep 28 2009, 03:33 PM) *

QUOTE (GTL05T @ Sep 28 2009, 03:29 PM) *

it looks the part bro!! good work... it feels heaps better past 4 geez then gets really loud past 5 aye??

it sure does but it actually kicks in around the 3500 and sounds gum at 4500 it's awesome it was a wait well worth it, o and you know how you said you only removed the battery? i dad to remove my front bar to get my air filter through, on the other note who's up for a ZRE photoshoot? i'm quite happy to organise i just need some suggestions on some places and a available time for everyone.

Charlie

im up for that!

well im up for suggestions so throw me some ideas and we'll get the ball rolling

Charlie

Edited by flipsta24

ok so i got it installed, it took me about an hour and a half to get it in, there was only some minor DIY since the bracket it a touch different only because the bracket was designed for the left hand drive with the washer bottle, it still fits i just had to shorten the tube by about and inch and a half, i have some pics and i'll put em up tonight, now to go for a test run :D:D:D

Charlie

so is this the first injen intake installed for the zre152?if so WOOT WOOT!!!:D:D:D hehe

Well done Charlie, looks awesome indeed!

Can you please tell me which tube you had to shorten?

I have the Cosmo Racing CAI fitted in my Nissan X-Trail and it gives dyno proven gains of about 6HP, so I just checked their website to see if they have a CAI for the ZRE and sure enough they do (you can see it HERE)

I checked the price (as it's being shipped from Canada) and was quoted $408.00AUD (delivered to me in Sydney). They also confirmed that no bracket modification is needed as it has been previously fitted in RHD ZREs with no problems.

The only thing I don't like about the Cosmo Racing CAIs is the generic crappy air filter they send with it and I changed it with a K&N filter in my xtrail and the result/improvement was amazing. I wonder how does the injen pod filter rate in this regard and if you'll notice more gains if you swap it with a K&N pod filter.

ok so i got it installed, it took me about an hour and a half to get it in, there was only some minor DIY since the bracket it a touch different only because the bracket was designed for the left hand drive with the washer bottle, it still fits i just had to shorten the tube by about and inch and a half, i have some pics and i'll put em up tonight, now to go for a test run :D:D:D

Charlie

so is this the first injen intake installed for the zre152?if so WOOT WOOT!!!:D:D:D hehe

Well done Charlie, looks awesome indeed!

Can you please tell me which tube you had to shorten?

I have the Cosmo Racing CAI fitted in my Nissan X-Trail and it gives dyno proven gains of about 6HP, so I just checked their website to see if they have a CAI for the ZRE and sure enough they do (you can see it HERE)

I checked the price (as it's being shipped from Canada) and was quoted $408.00AUD (delivered to me in Sydney). They also confirmed that no bracket modification is needed as it has been previously fitted in RHD ZREs with no problems.

The only thing I don't like about the Cosmo Racing CAIs is the generic crappy air filter they send with it and I changed it with a K&N filter in my xtrail and the result/improvement was amazing. I wonder how does the injen pod filter rate in this regard and if you'll notice more gains if you swap it with a K&N pod filter.

i only had to shorten the silicone tube by about and inch only because it sits right on top of my foglight, im guessing when they did the design it was done without a foglight? and also was designed for a LHD zre152 with the washer bottle on the same side wasnt really hard to modify at all it was just time consuming i guess...

Charlie

Fair enough Charlie, if it was only the silicone tube it's not a big issues at all, I thought you had to shorten one of the stainless tubes.

nope...lol if i had to shorten the stainless tubing then you'd hear me complain.....lol, im loving the sound of second and third gear right now....:D:D

Charlie

There is no way a panel filter can give you the same gains as the CAI. In fact panel filters are not being fitted for power gain reasons, rather purely as a money saving exercise to save you some $$$ buying the useless paper filters. Yes, it will let more air through, but in terms of power gains, they don't even come-up on a dyno at all.

CAI on other hand has proven power gains of at least 5HPs.

Looks awesome? Any idea on power gains?? I have been looking CAI and other mods to this vehicle. I have heard a panel filter can do just a good a job. Does the engine cover fit back on?

no ideas on power gains just yet, im going to try and fit my springs this weekend, and if it all goes well i might book in a session with unigroup and go for some runs, i'll see how i go from there and yes the engine cover still goes back on, there's just a heap of room now that the factory airbox is gone...

Charlie

p.s wait for all the other little surprises that will be here in a couple of weeks....

Edited by flipsta24

• 2 weeks later...
GREAT!!!

cant wait for the new surprises!!!

Hurry up already :D

Whats your thoughts on panel filters?

panel filter wont do as much as a CAI and i have noticed it considerably panel filter does let a bit more air through and only sounds a bit more throaty but other than that i absolutely love my CAI especially when it hits 3000rpm, my surprises are on it's way just waiting on confirmation of shipment and it should be all good....

Charlie

Hi flipsta24

How much is your Injen CAI kit?

Recently i am looking on eBay US and found the k&n panel filter.

Thanks for the AUD is pretty big now so the cost fo a k&n panel filter + postage would be around AUD$90 only

Still considering which kind of air filter should i get.

cheers.

Terry

Hi flipsta24

How much is your Injen CAI kit?

Recently i am looking on eBay US and found the k&n panel filter.

Thanks for the AUD is pretty big now so the cost fo a k&n panel filter + postage would be around AUD$90 only

Still considering which kind of air filter should i get.

cheers.

Terry

$450 shipped from us

Charlie