Brake Pads for TRD Aurion

Bye Bye TRD

I need to change the brake pads on TRD Aurion. I was quoted $120 for the front, $250 for the Rare, $150 labour and $100 for machining by the TOYOTA Dealer. Has anyone changed the brake pads? Why is the price difference between FRONT n RARE.

Any place to find a good deal in SYDNEY?

You should venture outside of the Aurion boards. It's a big world out there :lol: :

A "TRD Aurion brake options" thread can be found here in the "Brake & Suspension" section of the forum.

I assume you meant 'rear' not 'rare'.

That thread pretty much covers everything that has been dicussed on here about trd brakes.

No one really knows why the rears are more expensive. They are like half the size of the fronts and twice the price. Lol

I could be wrong (cause my memory is sh!t), but I'm pretty sure the aftermarket rear pads I bought were cheaper than the fronts I got.

No one really knows why the rears are more expensive. They are like half the size of the fronts and twice the price. Lol

They don't change it as much. Need to get some money from it somehow :lol:

I need to change the brake pads on TRD Aurion. I was quoted $120 for the front, $250 for the Rare, $150 labour and $100 for machining by the TOYOTA Dealer. Has anyone changed the brake pads? Why is the price difference between FRONT n RARE.

just had my 90k service replaced front pads $74 a pair supplied, im not sure if the TRD has a different setup than the other models, but I would shop around a bit more. as for machining, unless there is a shudder or pads are wearing unevenly there would be no need to do this.

just had my 90k service replaced front pads $74 a pair supplied, im not sure if the TRD has a different setup than the other models, but I would shop around a bit more. as for machining, unless there is a shudder or pads are wearing unevenly there would be no need to do this.

The TRD do have a completely different brake setup. They have very abrasive pads which have high rotor wear.

OP by the time you have worn out a set of front pads the rotors will be very close to being under size in rotor thickness. So you will need to be prepared that you may end up needing new front rotors.