E 10 98 fuel

SCOOTA44

Anyone using ethanol 98 and what figures are they getting ? just started trialing it myself, seems to run more smoothly than 95 unleaded.

I live in cane country and haven't seen it! Who is the supplier?

We pay about 12c more per litre for 95RON up here at the moment & 98RON is ridiculously priced, is it cheaper?

Anyone using ethanol 98 and what figures are they getting ? just started trialing it myself, seems to run more smoothly than 95 unleaded.

I live in cane country and haven't seen it! Who is the supplier?

We pay about 12c more per litre for 95RON up here at the moment & 98RON is ridiculously priced, is it cheaper?

at the moment ulp91 $1.27 ulp95 $1.34 E10 98 $1.31 this is in hobart. the supplier here is united petroleum

Edited by scootastaxisx6

I've used it for a full month and they are rated at RON100 from memory.

Quite cheap and reasonable as it is always 10 cents above normal unleaded price whilst BP's RON98 is 13 cents above unleaded.

Those are normal metropolitan area servos ...........

Quoting butt dyno figures and not official ones, I think its all in the head. Can't really feel much umph compare to BP's 98

Hi,

I've found United's E10 98 no better than (Caltex premium) 95 Octane as far as km/ltr. That is only judging by the onboard eco meter that the sportivo's have.

From my own experience, I have found there to be barely any difference between regular 91 octane unleaded, 95 or 98 octane premium unleaded, or E10 ethanol... when doing sedate highway driving. For that kind of work, when the engine just keeps on running at around 2000 RPM and doesn't accelerate hard to keep the revs as low as possible, either fuel works just as well. E10 though would be the most cost efficient for this scenario.

But as I said, this is from my own experience. Your mileage may vary (no pun intended).

From my own experience, I have found there to be barely any difference between regular 91 octane unleaded, 95 or 98 octane premium unleaded, or E10 ethanol... when doing sedate highway driving. For that kind of work, when the engine just keeps on running at around 2000 RPM and doesn't accelerate hard to keep the revs as low as possible, either fuel works just as well. E10 though would be the most cost efficient for this scenario.

But as I said, this is from my own experience. Your mileage may vary (no pun intended).

after 1 day of running 98 sugar fuel the economy went up to 11.8 lt after that refilled with 91 ulp 10.6, i keep trying but mine is happy on the fuel thats rated for it even with the mods.