my car :(

bradley*

So my car got mega scratched today and the two plastic parts at the back of my sx6 are trashed.. :angry::angry:

I am just wondering how long you guys think it will take to get it fixed. Luckily I dont have to pay for it but i do not like driving around with a huge scratch on my car..

toyotaaurionsportivozr6.jpg

This is an image of the parts of my car which were scratched (mines an sx6 though, not a zr6)

I want to know from now, until i actually pick up my car from the panel beaters how long it would probably take (including quotes, ordering parts, installing, spraying, etc)

I assume like 3 weeks weeks but someone else here may have more experience with this?

Damn. That sucks mate.

Photos of your actual damage would help give a better estimate but in general, if you are taking this up through insurance, I would factor in 1-2 weeks for them to get something like that all sorted. Depending on the insurer, how busy they are, and which repairer they send it to, this can possibly take longer.

Just to get a rough idea, from the moment I dropped my car off for inspection, it took 15 days to have this amount of damage fixed:

dsc02737fn6.th.jpg

the damage is below..

the problem is its the plastic parts, not the metal parts.. i dont know how they go about fixing that. I assume its a matter of buying a new bumper / and replacing the bodykit as welll

photo2tj.jpg

I assume its just a matter of them replacing these two parts, attaching it back with the bolts/clips on the metal and away i go..

I assume with that amount of damage its going to be like 1000-2000$ worth of damage so im going to have to go down the insurance path..

(despite the fact the rear bodykit plastic is only worth like 100 dollars + spraying :/)

i did the exact same thing on a brick fence with my car but it wasnt as bad. there are dint and touch up guys that deal with plastic only. my mate had this on his car and cost him less than 400 to totally fix (fill and paint) and looked as new

i did the exact same thing on a brick fence with my car but it wasnt as bad. there are dint and touch up guys that deal with plastic only. my mate had this on his car and cost him less than 400 to totally fix (fill and paint) and looked as new

OMG i love your wheels soooo much!~ i use it as my desktop wall paper!! just wondering what the off set? :D

If there's no structural damage - i.e. its just scratches, it should only take a couple days to fix, just needs to be sanded back and resprayed, at least that's how long my rear bumper took when I got it done.

If there's no structural damage - i.e. its just scratches, it should only take a couple days to fix, just needs to be sanded back and resprayed, at least that's how long my rear bumper took when I got it done.

By no structural damage i mean... the metal/frame of the car hasnt been damaged. The plastic itself has been damaged.. Theres a crack in one part, theres quite a thick scratch... i have a feeling parts will need to be replaced..

What i mean is like

How long until insurance accept the quotes?

How long until the parts are ordered?

How long lead in time until the panel beaters will actually take my job and start it?

I assume the job itself should only take 3-4 days where i will be without my car

OMG i love your wheels soooo much!~ i use it as my desktop wall paper!! just wondering what the off set? :D

hahahahah thanks mate! they are EQUUS geneva's and the offset are +42