which car was place do you get your car washed

gerds

just wondering who else gets their car washed by those wash stations. I think the convenience of drinking coffee whilst someone washes my car has finally caught up with me and i've see a few scratches on drivers side door. Anyways who else gets doesn't wash their own car.

I get mine washed at the dealer. When I purchased the car it came with free "Wash for Life" which means I can just drive it down there as often as I like and they will clean it for me - for FREE! It's a pretty good deal if you ask me.

If you don't want to get swirls in your paint work, get the proper gear and do it yourself, otherwise just accept scratches.

Check out the following clip on utube:

^^ makes me cringe to see those scratches :wacko:

the last time the toyota dealer washed my car.. they washed the engine.. and for about 2 weeks the car was acting very strange.. juttering jerking.. eventually found water in the spark plugs :angry: got the water out and car was a bit happier.. still something was not rite.. got it to a mechanic.. and one of the leads was all rooted from the water, ! never again! the best harm free way is doing it yourself ^_^

Edited by outback

Do it myself everytime.

I second that.

It's hard with water restrictions etc, etc so I collect rainwater and run a gravity feed system to my high pressure cleaner, works a treat. Also use the stupid looking hand mitt rather than a sponge.

I'll post some pics up when I do my next wash for those that are interested.

Have used car washes with the brooms, shopping centre hand car washes on previous cars / work vehicles, but will only do the Kluger myself - until the novelty wears off or like the youtube clip suggested, winter comes along and it's too cold.....

Edited by KXRuising

Check out video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7598756069207401372 which gives a great run down on correct washing technique.

The guy presenting the video is Mike Phillips, who is the admin of the Meguiar's Online forum.

Also check out http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24722 and http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18390

Edited by Kesawi

• 3 weeks later...
Stop that!

I am in Victoria and it is illegal to wash your car or Kluger at home.

I go to the one on Hoddle street Collingwood. Highly recommended.

It's not illegal if you use rainwater from your water tanks :)

Stop that!

I am in Victoria and it is illegal to wash your car or Kluger at home.

I go to the one on Hoddle street Collingwood. Highly recommended.

It's not illegal if you use rainwater from your water tanks :)

The rain water tank is hardly full until recently.

The tank is full of dirt though. I don't know it is worse to use that water than the one in the carwash. I used to pretending washing my car when the tank is empty and using the tap water instead :P. But I could not bear the stare from people walking by LOL

I have a black sports car and I take care of it. Collingwood's magic hand is the only place that does not leave swirl mark after washing. That is next to washing yourself.