Kill switches?

41IFT

Hey dude... where i park my sportivo for work is shocking , when i had my SX i went out the back and caught 3 people trying to rip stuff off it and because they were only kids i couldn't do much. I was going to place one in it but ive now got the sportivo. What ive often wondered is can you buy a kit that has an alarm and imobiliser that will wire up to the existing equipment so that you can arm/disarm lock/unlock etc all off your factory toyota button key?

Mick

thats crap man :( friends integra type R's front bar was half hanging off when we came back obviously some kid tried to nick it but failed .... people are so sad these days

Hey dude... where i park my sportivo for work is shocking , when i had my SX i went out the back and caught 3 people trying to rip stuff off it and because they were only kids i couldn't do much. I was going to place one in it but ive now got the sportivo. What ive often wondered is can you buy a kit that has an alarm and imobiliser that will wire up to the existing equipment so that you can arm/disarm lock/unlock etc all off your factory toyota button key?

Mick

Maybe a Genuine Toyota part may be available, surely there would have been an option

And yeah i have one, i put it in before i had my alarm in, kills the fuel pump power.

Edited by trentmeyer23

i got an alarm that uses my factory key,

PROBLEM IS you have to use the remote to unlock, if you use the key the alarm thinks you are a screwdriver opening the drivers door...

How would you expect it to work dude? thats exactly how id want it.

i got an alarm that uses my factory key,

PROBLEM IS you have to use the remote to unlock, if you use the key the alarm thinks you are a screwdriver opening the drivers door...

That's how every single alarm/immobiliser is setup.

Any moron with half a brain who is trying to steal your car can bypass a killswitch in about a minute. Honestly, if it's your only safety device then don't bother - even if they can't steal it they'll just take all the good bits out of it and wreck the rest.

I wouldn't recommend anything below an ADR approved (black wiring, 3 point immobiliser) alarm/immobiliser pack, basic ones (ie. I have a Mongoose M40) will cost you less than $500 fitted. I believe upgrade packs are considerably cheaper than that and will use your factory key.

Off topic, the Aurion allows you to lock with the remote then unlock the drivers door with the key manually and the alarm will not go off. When I first tried this out, I was actually expecting the alarm to go off cause most cars I've dealt with in the past work that way.

Off topic, the Aurion allows you to lock with the remote then unlock the drivers door with the key manually and the alarm will not go off. When I first tried this out, I was actually expecting the alarm to go off cause most cars I've dealt with in the past work that way.

Sorry, should have been more clear - aftermarket immobilisers.

i like it how i have to use the remote, means any tool using a screwdriver in my door lock my alarm goes off..

okay back to topic with kill switches, i agree, no point having one, i install kill switches in the commo fuel pump circuit, its a pretty flashy kill switch, its a button u press, and kinda activates a relay for a delayed time, rather than holding a button or flicking a switch.. cars are geting harder to steal anyways with immobilisers and stuff

btw, the guy who installed my alarm did a flash job, i said i want the loudest siren and stick in under the dash, so if it goes off it deathens the theif, he said not allowed :( there is a dB limit :(