Remove Passenger Seat

legend_of_lazz

Hi guys, do you know if the front passenger seat can be removed?

Reason I ask is because I decided to let a drunk idiot into my car the other night and surprise surprise he stepped on a UDL can and burst it under the seat. I'd love to get in there with some carpet cleaner and give it a good clean before I leave the country for 3 weeks Friday.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Adam.

Have u taken a look in ur car yet? Or u just asking first?

I havent looked myself but just from the top of my head, im gonna guess that ur gonna have to push the seat all the way back or forward, so that u will be able to access some bolts to unscrew from both ends and basically take ur seat out. But becareful aye, its a precious car haha :D

Does the yours have an electric passenger seat? If so, I imagine there would be wires to disconnect there somewhere?

I think all trim levels come with airbags built into the side of the seat back, so I would be careful with disconnecting any wires for your seats.

Yes. As said, MAKE SURE you disconnect your battery and wait at least 90 seconds before disconnecting the airbag connector (yellow one) under your seat.

Removing the seat is as simple as moving it forwards and undoing the two bolts at the rear and then moving it forward and removing the two bolts at the front. This is basically the same on all cars. Pretty basic to figure out.

Then while you are at the front (after undoing the front two bolts) tilt the seat back (as in so you can see underneath it), and then disconnect the airbag connector (after at least 90 seconds of disconnecting the battery).

Also, I'd lay an old towel or large rag over the door sills. If you aren't careful in removing your seat you will end up scratching your paint on the door sill. This is something I would recommend with the electric seats especially because they aren't that light.

• 5 months later...

Rather than starting a new topic I thought I'd ask here. I've just fitted a new amplifier for my new speakers and want to do a test run before putting the car back together. My question is is it safe to unbolt the drivers seat and lean it back to have easy access under the seat with the car on so I can test the sound system and tweak the amp under the seat? I'm not removing the seat or disconnecting any cables just removing the 4 bolts and leaning it back. Thanks for any help.

Rather than starting a new topic I thought I'd ask here. I've just fitted a new amplifier for my new speakers and want to do a test run before putting the car back together. My question is is it safe to unbolt the drivers seat and lean it back to have easy access under the seat with the car on so I can test the sound system and tweak the amp under the seat? I'm not removing the seat or disconnecting any cables just removing the 4 bolts and leaning it back. Thanks for any help.

Just don't let the seat fall back. Otherwise you are going rip the wires out of the wiring harness.