Melbourne CAI Install

Just ordered an AEM Cai today. Should hopefully be here by next week. Was looking through all the guides on how to install and after reading a few of them, I have to say I dont feel confident in doing it myself..heh. Does anyone know wheres the best place to install in Melbourne and how much it would cost?

Or if someone is kind enough to help me out, ill be really grateful and ill buy lunch and/or dinner :P

you'll find that with the AEM CAI, the air flow sensor cord thingy is too short so you'll either have to lengthen it yourself or you mechanic can do it for you, however, by "cutting" the wires to extend it, it voids the warranty to that section of the car... :)

i chopped mine and extended it... oh well.. :D

i've got the 5year extended warranty... no way am i gonna wait till it expires... :D

you'll find that with the AEM CAI, the air flow sensor cord thingy is too short so you'll either have to lengthen it yourself or you mechanic can do it for you, however, by "cutting" the wires to extend it, it voids the warranty to that section of the car... :)

i chopped mine and extended it... oh well.. :D

i've got the 5year extended warranty... no way am i gonna wait till it expires... :D

hmm will i have the same problem with the 2zzge engine? i guess its pretty much the same...hah ahh well. Will see when it gets installed. hope i like the sound of it.

• 6 years later...

Digging up an extremely old thread cos couldn't find any answers to this one - I'm looking to get an Injen CAI for my '11 Ascent Hatch and was looking for someone in Melbourne (I live in Southbank/South Melbourne) to get it installed. Can anyone make any suggestions? Or would one of my fellow Melbournian ZRE'ers like to install it for me? spiteful.gif Would definitely reimburse you for your time/effort - cash/beer/pizza/kebab? lol.

I installed my injen just afew weeks ago. Installing the pipe is not hard at all, its finding and getting to all the bolts and plugs that hold the front bar up that might be challenging.

• 2 weeks later...