WA Photog for cars

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll come down for something on sat lunch or watever andy.

On the photography side of things, i was trying out a lighting technique out for night photography that a member helped me out with. Doesn't need a flash! As i don't have one. Hahah.

Here's a shot i took outside my house just testing the light painting technique. Not sure if i was doing it right. The color isn't that good. I need practice more. I think my timing and positioning is wrong at the moment.

ledlight1.jpg

I'll come down for something on sat lunch or watever andy.

On the photography side of things, i was trying out a lighting technique out for night photography that a member helped me out with. Doesn't need a flash! As i don't have one. Hahah.

Here's a shot i took outside my house just testing the light painting technique. Not sure if i was doing it right. The color isn't that good. I need practice more. I think my timing and positioning is wrong at the moment.

ledlight1.jpg

mate thats looking pretty good there, one thing i can suggest,

bump your iso down to 100, set an exposure time of approx 20-30seconds, and then use the light source your painting with to highlight the car, make sure to catch the darker areas, such as the shadows from the other side of the car etc. move the light slowly and at a steady pace asround the areas your want to highlight

have fun :)

mate thats looking pretty good there, one thing i can suggest,

bump your iso down to 100, set an exposure time of approx 20-30seconds, and then use the light source your painting with to highlight the car, make sure to catch the darker areas, such as the shadows from the other side of the car etc. move the light slowly and at a steady pace asround the areas your want to highlight

have fun :)

Cool thanks for the tips DAvo! Actually it was already on ISO100 and i was doing 25sec and 30sec exposures for this test. LOL. I think it was just my light painting that wasn't so good, i need to figure out where to point and move haha. I only went from left to right of the car slowly. Well at least i know i already had the settings right. :lol:

hey sorry for the last minute post - thought i posted last night but error came up after i left my comp.

meeting today for ppl that are coming at phong vinh vietnamese restaurant.

on william street near the moon cafe and dominos there.

12pm if u guys can make it. just gimme a call if u get lost

Cypher.

Hope to have the photo session back on when I am back, I am overseas atm... Blown quite a few $$$ upgrading my gear again hahaha!

Current list:

Canon 40D body

Canon BG-E2N

Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS USM, EW-83H Lens Hood, Hoya UV Filter

Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, ES-71II Lens Hood, Hoya UV Filter

Canon Speedlite 580EX II

Benro A-550EX tripod

Curious what others use on here.

some nice kit there mate,

im shooting with a gripped 40D,

• 24-70L f2.8,
  • 200L f2.8,
  • Sigma EX10-20,
  • 50mm 1.8 mkII,
  • 430exII,
  • slik tripod.

looking at picking up a 7D in the ndar future as well as come cactus v4 remote triggers...

Damn you guys have alot of gear. Haha, feels like i have hardly anything.

I shoot mainly with the new sigma lens i got a few months back all the time at the moment. Its far better then the kit lenses. So i never use the kit ones now. Haha. :lol:

Only have the following:

Canon 400D Body

Canon Twin Lens Kit EF Lenses (18-55mm and 75-300mm)

Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 IF EX DG HSM

Basic Tripod (Not sure what brand)

Damn you guys have alot of gear. Haha, feels like i have hardly anything.

I shoot mainly with the new sigma lens i got a few months back all the time at the moment. Its far better then the kit lenses. So i never use the kit ones now. Haha. :lol:

Only have the following:

Canon 400D Body

Canon Twin Lens Kit EF Lenses (18-55mm and 75-300mm)

Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 IF EX DG HSM

Basic Tripod (Not sure what brand)

i was heavily considering that sigma lens before i bit the bullet and got the canon 24-70, was very impressed with the sigma when i was playing around with it in the shop. :)

i was heavily considering that sigma lens before i bit the bullet and got the canon 24-70, was very impressed with the sigma when i was playing around with it in the shop. :)

Haha, yeah i wasn't prepared to pay the extra for the canon L series. They cost queit abot more, but i read they were fairly simalar in ways so thought i'd go the cheaper option.

ok so we might have hit a snag, i was hoping to drop by the ikea carpark tonight to get more shots, and they buggers have blocked the entry into the carpark! i found a way around it but i dont really want security to be hassling us during the shoot... i drive accorss the rd to innaloo underground carpark and got some good shots there, so possibly either one of the two would be a good option?

anyone else know of any good underground carparks that we can use? do you guys regulary run into security during these photoshoots?