Fly Audio GPS DVD Install

Hado

What is incredible with these units is that none appear to be able to do bluetooth phonebook (for making calls via name, displaying name and number of incoming calls etc).

When even $200-300 portable gps units have this features it is a serious oversight in such expensive units.

Anyway guess see what the future holds:)

I'm pretty usre this unit supports downloading and displaying of your phone's phonebook, happy to be proven wrong by others (plugnplay?)

Have a look at the link here it shows the features:

http://www.flyaudio.us/7500-series/53-for-...ander-e7548navi

Hi ,

yes this has been made available for the overseas market but we in Australia will receive in April next Month

Regards

George

Can you shed any light on other new features that may be of interest?

Will this update cause a new model number that we should all look out for?

Price difference over the existing model?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is incredible with these units is that none appear to be able to do bluetooth phonebook (for making calls via name, displaying name and number of incoming calls etc).

When even $200-300 portable gps units have this features it is a serious oversight in such expensive units.

I'm pretty usre this unit supports downloading and displaying of your phone's phonebook, happy to be proven wrong by others (plugnplay?)

Have a look at the link here it shows the features:

http://www.flyaudio.us/7500-series/53-for-...ander-e7548navi

Hi ,

yes this has been made available for the overseas market but we in Australia will receive in April next Month

Regards

George

Can you shed any light on other new features that may be of interest?

Will this update cause a new model number that we should all look out for?

Price difference over the existing model?

This is the only upgrade that I have been made aware of

The price will be provided on release next week or so we do not know as yet

Well I am happy to be proven wrong then:)

Big thing I guess will it supports iphone 3gs phonebook, as this seems to be a tricky one.

Keep us updated plugnplay. I have heard rumours that it will allow phonebook download, but will not support caller id name and number display. Surely not!!!!

Also to any current owners or plugnplay. What is the lcd on the units like in day driving with sunlight. Most of the cheaper chinese units seem to have very low quality highly reflective lcds that wash out almost completely

even in indirect sun. Not good in a car interior. I have seen a couple of units that use good lcd's that cope very well with the sun. Would be interested to know how the roadfly units perform in this regard.

cheers

Edited by wilsact

Hado,

Why did you add a microphone when there is already one installed in the light assembly in the roof between the driver and passenger?

Is it possible to connect the rear vision camera that currently exists in the KX-S to the 8" screen rather than the pitiful 3.5" screen?

How do you find the performance of the unit now that you've had it installed for a little while?

Would you do anything different?

Did you buy this online and if so from where?

Interested in your reply,

Whofan

All

Sorry for the very slow response on these questions - I have been very busy at work and haven't had time to log on.

Why did you add a microphone when there is already one installed in the light assembly in the roof between the driver and passenger?

You need to have the microphone close to your mouth or you get echo/feedback from the car speakers.

Is it possible to connect the rear vision camera that currently exists in the KX-S to the 8" screen rather than the pitiful 3.5" screen?

Yes - but it requires some minor electrical changes - cutting re soldering wires - not just plug and play - I was too keen to get it working. I don't think you need the large screen - and I am not sure it would work because there is a safety warning screen which might delay the picture feed - it usually delays the radio until after you have backed out.

How do you find the performance of the unit now that you've had it installed for a little while?

I am very happy with it. My phone connects very time perfectly and the sound quality and features are a worthwhile upgrade. I use the iPod feature a lot and the GPS only when driving somewhere I don't normally go - just for the red light camera warnings etc.

Would you do anything different?

Put the microphone further up the pillar/door rubber so it was a close as possible to my face when driving normally - I had to change this after the first install.

Did you buy this online and if so from where?

Easypark Australia

Kind regards

Hado

Hado, thanks for the reply, I was wondering if you were going to return to the forums, very glad you did.

Another follow-up question regarding the microphone if I may... You say that you installed it on the driver's A pillar as sound quality is better, less echo from the speakers. I've not had that reported to me yet from other people I've spoken to using the standard setup. So you have simply disconnected the mic located in the overhead light and fed another mic cable (presumably came with the purchase of your E7548NAVI?) to the A pillar location?

Regarding the GPS and maps... you mentioned in your original messages that it took some time to get these working, have you uploaded any updates since your original install?

All of the images I've seen (from FlyAudio China and US) show the volume knob on the left hand side as I guess it is being fitted to a US Highlander which is left-hand drive. Did you unit come with the volume knob on the left? Not that this is a "deal breaker" but I imagine it would be a little awkward for the driver to reach for this when ideally it should be closer to the steering wheel.

Edited by whofan

So you have simply disconnected the mic located in the overhead light and fed another mic cable (presumably came with the purchase of your E7548NAVI?) to the A pillar location?

The mic which came with the Fly Audio unit just runs from the back of the unit under the dash, in between the to halves of the dash near the door and under the door rubber up the A pillar. I didn't have an existing mic - the original KX-S 6 CD unit used an inbuilt mic - which was why it didn't work very well. I never if checked to see if the Grande mic is in the overhead unit

Regarding the GPS and maps... you mentioned in your original messages that it took some time to get these working, have you uploaded any updates since your original install?

The IGO8 software took a while to get working because you I needed to find the settings for the screen resolution and connection to the GPS receiver - I have posted this now. IGO8 is very customisable so some of the effort was getting the skins (look) I wanted to use working. You don't have to do this because the unit comes with software - but I wanted to use IGO8 because of its features and I had experience customising it already for a portable WinCE unit I owned. I learnt how to do this using other forums on GPS software. It's not that hard. All the changes are made to some simple code in a system file.

The skins are easy to find - here is the skin I am using. kikker skin

Did you unit come with the volume knob on the left? Not that this is a "deal breaker" but I imagine it would be a little awkward for the driver to reach for this when ideally it should be closer to the steering wheel.

Yes it is on the left - but it is slightly bigger than the air temp knobs so easy to turn and not hard to reach. However, all the steering wheel controls also work - so you can change the volume on the steering wheel.

The volume control knob is much better than the original KX-S unit which was slippery and hard to grab and turn.

All

I just noticed some of he earlier questions I missed about the hazard switch and GPS software.

This post needs to read as well - it was where we worked out what to buy and how to solve some of the install problems etc.

Earlier parts and software post

Hope this fills in some of the blanks.

Kind regards

Hado

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE ON FAULTY - Pay per view - Kluger GPS / DVD system

Hi Guys,

Well I am not happy at all as I sent the unit back to China weeks ago and have heard absolutely nothing. I've emailed them several times and I get absolutely no response, so I have a nice 2008 KLUGER with a huge hole in the centre dash.

Definitely do not buy the unit from Ebay under seller "pay-per-view". They did have a bit of negative feedback and I overlooked it because they sell a lot of stuff, but hopefully this will help my fellow Kluger owners from making the same mistake that I did. $650 GONE........ Now i need another one......to fill in the hole. I'm interested in the FLY unit but not willing to pay more than about $900.

Paul.

<br>UPDATE ON FAULTY - Pay per view - Kluger GPS / DVD system<br><br>Hi Guys,<br><br>Well I am not happy at all as I sent the unit back to China weeks ago and have heard absolutely nothing. I've emailed them several times and I get absolutely no response, so I have a nice 2008 KLUGER with a huge hole in the centre dash.<br><br>Definitely do not buy the unit from Ebay under seller "pay-per-view". They did have a bit of negative feedback and I overlooked it because they sell a lot of stuff, but hopefully this will help my fellow Kluger owners from making the same mistake that I did. $650 GONE........ Now i need another one......to fill in the hole. I'm interested in the FLY unit but not willing to pay more than about $900.<br><br>Paul.<br>

I am so sorry that you're in that situation, that has to be terrible, loss of cash and an ugly hole in your dash. Can't you refit the original radio to at least fill the gap and give you a better view whilst driving?

I've been constantly browsing ebay looking for Kluger accessories and seen the pay-per-view junk, thought of you and steered clear of it.

Have you considered notifying ebay of this shonky seller so they may intervene and make them accountable?

Thanks for your post, you've certainly made me wary of this dodgey seller, thanks also to the poster who mentioned how his tow ball was pinched... made me buy a hitch pin lock.... just goes to demonstrate the value of these forums.

I hope that your Chinese experience takes a good turn, they repair the unit and send it back with an apology!

Edited by whofan

• 1 month later...

Hi ,

Actually next month the new upgrade for this model will include Bluetooth phonebook

Thanks

George

Any news on the new flyaudio unit, that was going to launch in April?

Cheers

Hi ,

Actually next month the new upgrade for this model will include Bluetooth phonebook

Thanks

George

Cheers

Hi ,

THE NEW MODEL WITH PHONE BOOK ,WINCE 6.0 , RDS IS NOW AVAILABLE

THANKS

George

Hi ,

Thanks

George

Cheers

Hi ,

THANKS

George

Hi George,

Sent you a pm in regards to price and further details on unit.

Just checking if you got it?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the great work guys.

Just picked up a new altitude & this looks the way to go.

Are all those who've already installed this - Hado, Ham ect still happy with these units in general & the following features in particular?

Bluetooth phone function.

Ipod interface

GPS

Cheers all.

Hi ,

Thanks

George

Cheers

Hi ,

THANKS

George

Hi George,

Cheers

Hi ,

Thanks

George

Cheers

Hi ,

THANKS

George

Hi George,

Cheers

Hi ,

Did you receive my Quote for this unit through PM Email ?

Regards

George

Hi ,

Yes this unit will fit your model Kluger

please contact me at sales@easyparkaustralia.com.au for more information

Regards

George

Hi George, I can't find the FlyAudio units for the Kluger on your website?

Hi ,

Yes this unit will fit your model Kluger

please contact me at sales@easyparkaustralia.com.au for more information

Regards

George

Hi George, I can't find the FlyAudio units for the Kluger on your website?

Let's hope that Easy Park are using the savings from their way-ordinary web site to reduce the price of their goods and services. That site looks like it's a primary school project! :huh:

Thanks for all the great work guys.

Just picked up a new altitude & this looks the way to go.

Are all those who've already installed this - Hado, Ham ect still happy with these units in general & the following features in particular?

Bluetooth phone function.

Ipod interface

GPS

Cheers all.

Clawed

Bluetooth phone function - connects everytime and works fine - intially I had a problem with the sound quality and moved the mic closer to the driver - but in the end I found the mic supplied was faulty or I damaged it during install. I replaced it with a similar $20 mic from Jaycar and it now works very well. No one ever complains about the sound quality and I am told when they are talking it cuts out the background noise - which is better than most systems I have used in the past.

Ipod interface - this is my favourite part of the whole system - searchable by artist, album and song etc. I use this all the time - better than the radio - no ads and my music.

GPS - this depends on the navigation software you run - I am in the middle of testing the latest update of IGO8 and just updated to the latest R16 Australia map.

IGO8 has 3d buildings and shows major street signs ahead.

I use the more accurate speed indicator on the the GPS rather than the speedo on any highway trip.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Hado

Hi,

Just a quick question Hado or George.

If you stop the engine with gps map on screen, but leave power running in acc position (like at a service station etc) what happens when you restart the engine. Does the unit/gps have to

completely reboot or is there a delay so you can just continue on with map still onscreen.

Thanks

Hi,

If you stop the engine with gps map on screen, but leave power running in acc position (like at a service station etc) what happens when you restart the engine. Does the unit/gps have to

completely reboot or is there a delay so you can just continue on with map still onscreen.

Thanks

I have never tried this - I will give it a go and let you know

I know the GPS restarts remembering your destination when you turn the power off during a break in the trip etc.

Hi,

Thanks

I have never tried this - I will give it a go and let you know

I know the GPS restarts remembering your destination when you turn the power off during a break in the trip etc.

Thanks mate. I know that some systems require a full reboot/startup, where others won't lose anything if you are just doing an engine restart and whats on screen stays on screen.

Same for instance if you had the radio or ipod screen up, pain if it reboots the whole unit just restarting engine.

regards