Will 20 inch rims fit without rubbing?

KelvinH

I have an 05 camry v6 (ACV36R)

I have bought 20 inch rims 20x7.5 with 225/35/20 tyres.

I know the pcd and offset are correct but didnt actually research if the wheels will fit with out any rubbing.

suppose I wont know till i put them on.. Problem is theve been bought interstate and getting shipped over to WA.

So once theres little chance of returning it.

Ah well if any one knows whether i'll have any issues let me know..

or if any had 20's on there acv36r camry or know of any please let me know your experience.

fingers crossed no rubbing... or probs with full lock..

Hadnt thought of the possible insurance issues either jumping from 16's to 20's

Regards

Kelvin

Have you lowered your Camry. If not, I would say you would be pretty well in the clear from any scrubbing issues.

I dare-say, even if you were lowered, your chance of rubbing would be fairly low as well due to the wheel/tire width. I would imagine that when lowered, you would probably experience rubbing issues if you had a wheel with a width 8 inches or greater, in combination with a tire that is 235mm wide or greater.

This is just my prediction.

this would be interesting to see.. Coz you're using a 35 profile on 20s.. Not sure how much different the diameter of the wheel would be compared to stock. Other than that, if the car isn't lowered already, it'll look like a 4WD lol :P, i know a guy who had 18s on his gen 5 and looked like he was gonna head out bush hehehe

20"x7.5"? I am doubtful that that is a legal width to height ratio. I am reasonably sure that the smallest legal width for 19" or 20" wheels is 8" width(just because they make them doesn't mean they are legal for road use), i would suggest consulting an engineer to avoid defects. ;)

Edited by trentmeyer23

Put it this way:

A Gen 5 with 18s (on a 40 profile) on normal ride height looks like it's going to take on Landcruiser Park.

I can only imagine 20s on it.

Not trying to blow your plans outta the water - but I seen it before. A guy called "mbruce" on Auscam can tell you all about it :P

i had 18's (7.5 wide) with 40 profile tyres on my gen 5 with no rubbing. standard sportivo ride height too, and it didnt look like a 4wd

i think that depends on the styling of the rim, as with some styles it would stand out more.

but anyway, as other have mentioned, thats a funny size for 20's.

i reckon 19's would look sweet, and roadworthy.

I have an 05 camry v6 (ACV36R)

I have bought 20 inch rims 20x7.5 with 225/35/20 tyres.

I know the pcd and offset are correct but didnt actually research if the wheels will fit with out any rubbing.

suppose I wont know till i put them on.. Problem is theve been bought interstate and getting shipped over to WA.

So once theres little chance of returning it.

Ah well if any one knows whether i'll have any issues let me know..

or if any had 20's on there acv36r camry or know of any please let me know your experience.

fingers crossed no rubbing... or probs with full lock..

Hadnt thought of the possible insurance issues either jumping from 16's to 20's

Regards

Kelvin

I previously had 20 X 8.5 on my 2005 Camry, i had to get the rear gaurds rolled in.

I only had those wheels for about 6 months then ended up selling it due to the following reasons.

Rough Driving,

Feel every bump on the road

Constant wheel allignments.

steering wheel shakes once speed is over 100 Kms

• 11 years later...

i have a 2012 camry on 20s 245 30zr20 90w xl and makes my car look like a performance muscle camry. does not rub unless im on highway and hit a nice dip. With speed and weight of car lowering my fenders will rub rear tires only. Had fenders rolled but solution is to probably raise the rear 1/2 inch to 1 inch.