where is the cold start injector on a 3vz-fe?

Pesca

Hey guys,

I was putting a new PCV valve in my '93 Camry a few days ago and I noticed an electrical connector hanging down near the valve cover that's not connected to anything. I had a look around in the general area and can't see where this might go.

When the engine is cold I often have to start the car a couple of times to get it going, so I'm wondering if this connector is related to the cold start injector. I have a Haynes manual for this Camry and after looking up info on the cold start injector and having another look at my car, things aren't matching up.

Anyone have a clue what this connector might plug in to if it's not related to the CSI, and is it possible that this engine may have been modified to not have a CSI?

Below are 3 pics explaining what I'm talking about-

The illustration in my Haynes manual that references the cold start injector:

4339322919_72b703d283_o.jpg

The same area on my car. There doesn't seem to be any cold start injector and connection for it.

4339323091_bcdf847483_o.jpg

This is the plug I found laying near the valve cover that i thought my be related to the CSI

4340067576_037141a965_o.jpg

Edited by Loungefly

Hey guys,

I was putting a new PCV valve in my '93 Camry a few days ago and I noticed an electrical connector hanging down near the valve cover that's not connected to anything. I had a look around in the general area and can't see where this might go.

When the engine is cold I often have to start the car a couple of times to get it going, so I'm wondering if this connector is related to the cold start injector. I have a Haynes manual for this Camry and after looking up info on the cold start injector and having another look at my car, things aren't matching up.

Anyone have a clue what this connector might plug in to if it's not related to the CSI, and is it possible that this engine may have been modified to not have a CSI?

Below are 3 pics explaining what I'm talking about-

The illustration in my Haynes manual that references the cold start injector:

4339322919_72b703d283_o.jpg

The same area on my car. There doesn't seem to be any cold start injector and connection for it.

4339323091_bcdf847483_o.jpg

This is the plug I found laying near the valve cover that i thought my be related to the CSI

4340067576_037141a965_o.jpg

Well...

You can see my plenum is the same on my 95 Tourer...

If you can get a shot of the corner a bit more to see if the cable I have in my other pic is the same... then you might have something to go off.

Mine's wrapped in corrugated conduit... has two wires inside just like that one you have on yours.

post-5978-1265616255_thumb.jpg

post-5978-1265616284_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

hi there your querey on the cold start injector on the 3vz-fe engines .aussie camry's with the 3vz-fe engines didnt have the cold start injector at all neither did jdm camry,s. I have a 97 model vienta with the same motor and it doesnt have the injectos u may find that the conector is still there but it doesnt mean anything.