Rob's '07 Camry Sportivo

ROB219

Heya, I am a new addition to the forums. I recently picked this Camry Sportivo '07 build.

Love it!

Its a 5sp manual too!

I plan to do a few things here and there, I hope you like it!

Here are some pics:

S7309673small.jpg

S7309674small.jpg

S7309675small.jpg

S7309676small.jpg

S7309678small.jpg

Edited by ROB219

yay another gen 6 camry

welcome to TOCAU. what other mods are you planning on doing?

Lowering the car some more, looking to get bigger wheels (19's or larger) as the 18's on the car were on it when I bought it. I am not a huge fan of heavy chrome wheels, although they do look ok.

I am thinking of blackening the headlight bezels for a more aggressive front end appearance. Looking to also either fit up some LED globes for the rear or go to the LED units that Toyota offered on the latest models.

Plus a few other little things here and there. ;)

Sounds good, 19s will go perfect.

Keep us informed about blackening the headlight bezels, been meaning to tackle that myself but ive never done it before.

No worries, its easy to do. I have done it before on another car and it comes up well.

NimrodAUS: Yeah mate they are a bloody expensive tyre! Luckily for me they cam on the car! Both my cars run Bridgestones, the WRX has RE050's and this car has the RE001's.

Great tyres!

1stkill: I may be interested, depends if I can sell the ones I have 1st.

I got a good price on some lowered Kings springs for the car, so I will be putting them in before much else.

The tyre width on the car now is 245's, so I will have to see if the lips need rolling or not.

Yeah Bridgestone are a good tyre. The RE001's & RE050's are a sweet tyre. Obviously the Adrenalin are the heaps sick as ones though. When My New Tyres on my Kluger Wear out im going to and have already stocked up on (but probably will sell them and get fresh ones before hand but just wanted spares) of the Dueler A/T D694's.

Painted the calipers today... came up good. I will post up some pics of the results soon.

And I will be ordering some Lovells lowered springs for it in the coming week or so. Its sitting a tad too high for me right now! :P

• 2 weeks later...

An update!

The 18's are gone. I bought a new set of 20's with 225/35/20 tyres all round.

I also ordered some lowered coils today and also some clear/black LED tail lights from the USA. They should both be here in a few weeks.

So here is the car as it stands... albeit too high! :D

S7309708small.jpg

S7309710truncsmall.jpg

S7309711truncsmall.jpg

S7309712truncsmall.jpg

Looking schmick mate. I quite like those wheels. Lucky you mentioned you ordered coils otherwise there would be quite a lot of discussion about that I reckon. id you get the smoked lights or just the standard?

Looking schmick mate. I quite like those wheels. Lucky you mentioned you ordered coils otherwise there would be quite a lot of discussion about that I reckon. id you get the smoked lights or just the standard?

hahaha...yeah yeah I know, I actually wanted to put the springs in while car was up on stands with no wheels on it. But Kings being slack have no coils in stock...anywhere in Australia for the car. So I have to wait for them to make me some <_< That will take 2-3 weeks apparently.

I was looking at other options but they are far too expensive to order from the USA. And I was going to go Lovell's but have decided to go with who and what I know.

Tail lights are these:

Taillights.jpg

Edited by ROB219

• 2 weeks later...
Nice car mate well done on the wheel choice can i ask what brand they are?

Thanks guys! Yeah its coming along nicely.

Arc: They are Advanti Seneka's.

20" x 8.5" +35 offset, 225/35/20 tyres

Very nice mate, lookin real good. I had to order from kings directly myself, took awhile to get the springs like you. How much lower did you drop it?

I noticed you got dual exhaust. first time ive noticed it on a 2007 i4 camry here in australia. can i ask if the other exhaust is just a fake or not?