Finally doing some sort of work to my 08 SX6 AURION

corolla0305

Well the time has come and my car goes in tomorrow to have the exhaust done. EXCITING!! I will try and make a video like DJ has or somesort to show what it is like...

In reference to my other post noise/leak i have my car booked in with Toyota Thursday to have the boot stripped as i washed my car again and that left hand cavity filled up with water again!!!

Quite annoying as i lose my 2 days off work this week and will have no car :(

luckily my GF's a hairdresser and her work is down the road from the exhaust place so ill get a nice free haircut while waiting :)

NUMBER PLATES .... i used to have DJK 669 (David John Kauschke) 669 for laughs ....

im still unsure on what to get ... DA3VI0 or something like that......

SHOUT OUT SOME MORE IDEAS!!! :)

Well the time has come and my car goes in tomorrow to have the exhaust done. EXCITING!! I will try and make a video like DJ has or somesort to show what it is like...

In reference to my other post noise/leak i have my car booked in with Toyota Thursday to have the boot stripped as i washed my car again and that left hand cavity filled up with water again!!!

Quite annoying as i lose my 2 days off work this week and will have no car :(

luckily my GF's a hairdresser and her work is down the road from the exhaust place so ill get a nice free haircut while waiting :)

NUMBER PLATES .... i used to have DJK 669 (David John Kauschke) 669 for laughs ....

im still unsure on what to get ... DA3VI0 or something like that......

SHOUT OUT SOME MORE IDEAS!!! :)

LoL.. It'll be Funny when you have DJKAU, similar to DJKOR as for the initals.

Btw, what exhaust u gettin? The Varex?

HAHAHA DJKAU just doesnt have the same ring to it as DJKOR LOL!!!

Ummm the exhaust is pretty much an 0800 hour decision tomorrow morning when i get there as to the final decision!!

2.5' Stainless right through.... but undecided on the rest haha :(

HAHAHA DJKAU just doesnt have the same ring to it as DJKOR LOL!!!

Ummm the exhaust is pretty much an 0800 hour decision tomorrow morning when i get there as to the final decision!!

2.5' Stainless right through.... but undecided on the rest haha :(

I tried searchin for other mufflers than Varex before. If you look up at U.S and other azn countries, HKS fits their car. Im just wondering if they have somethin for our Aurion. And by the standard of their level of spending, our level to get Varex is considered expensive. I just got the Varex recently, too much research and gave up. :lol:

Edited by VF-X

Well the place im getting it done is http://www.aaaexhausts.com.au/ i dont have any idea what they have but they do all custom work there ....

Hey dude.. Do u mind find something out for me? I see they have a range of exhaust tips. Can u look for a certain design for me? And ask them whether they customize tips? Im so after this ones so bad. http://www.rstyleracing.com/index.aspx?Pro...091107032159198

A few things ...

First off VF-X they said good luck finding anyone in AUS willing to make that design... They suggested one place in Sydney that does custom jobs would be your only choice beside abroad.

So i spoke to the guys about my exhaust this morning and well it got done how you all said it shouldnt.

They removed the cat, put in a 6" res and 2.5' piping right thru to the end then yer. ill list what the receipt says....

6" Rnd 14CC250 Straight Thru

8x4 140C250 S/Steel

FLANGE PLATE

57mm - 90mm Dual Wall A/Cut

S/S Pipework

They think its too quiet upon starting it up and suggested a "hotdog" to be put on instead of the 6" res ... if i want more sound.

To me it sounds nice as it revs up but i am getting lots of black smoke ??stainless?? will this clear up ??

A few things ...

First off VF-X they said good luck finding anyone in AUS willing to make that design... They suggested one place in Sydney that does custom jobs would be your only choice beside abroad.

So i spoke to the guys about my exhaust this morning and well it got done how you all said it shouldnt.

They removed the cat, put in a 6" res and 2.5' piping right thru to the end then yer. ill list what the receipt says....

6" Rnd 14CC250 Straight Thru

8x4 140C250 S/Steel

FLANGE PLATE

57mm - 90mm Dual Wall A/Cut

S/S Pipework

They think its too quiet upon starting it up and suggested a "hotdog" to be put on instead of the 6" res ... if i want more sound.

To me it sounds nice as it revs up but i am getting lots of black smoke ??stainless?? will this clear up ??

What shop in Sydney? Well Thanks anw..

You should do a sound clip or youtube to show us how it's done and how it sounds...

New exhausts can tend to produce a bit of smoke sometimes until they carbon up on the inside (the note also slightly varies when this happens as well), and can also produce a sulphur like smell. I would personally reset your ECU though to make sure everything starts from scratch with your new exhaust.

To do this, unplug battery (for 20 mins to be on the safe side) then plug the battery back in and turn your car on. Then let idle with the accessories off for a good 10 minutes, turn the engine off then on again and give it a hard drive.