Strange noise before 1st gear change

Auri

Fck.. That is a long number plate you got there Vijith. Damn Perth is good.

haha yeah..i think the max number of characters u can have here is 9. I had to put the 1s on both sides of my name because DPI wanted to charge me twice for just my name..i said stuff it and put the 1s on the sides..i like it this way..btw my name is Vijitha. So yeah :)

Hey I remember seeing your car on freeway one time. I think a saturday night a couple of months ago....I think on Mitchell/Kwinana Fwy going south. That was before I bought my new car.

Anyway back to the topic, I noticed the clunk as well when selecting reverse after 20-30 secs from start up. But no clunk when stopping to switch to D on the street. I guess it is the ABS self check!

hey you are probably the first person to spot me from the club :)..yup i go down the kwinana fwy south a lot of times as i live in atwell..so you got a 10' touring i see? nice ride mate :)..that clunk is pretty random and sometimes you barely hear it..wouldnt worry about it unless you see the ABS light on the dash :)..

Yeah when I 1st got the new car, I was nervous as hell wondering where the noise was coming from. It wasn't until I read this thread that I was able to relax! I was about to start a thread lol

Yeah you probably will see me more. Hmmm may need a good photo of my car for my avatar. I am also thinking of changing my numberplates to personalized one.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah when I 1st got the new car, I was nervous as hell wondering where the noise was coming from. It wasn't until I read this thread that I was able to relax! I was about to start a thread lol

Yeah you probably will see me more. Hmmm may need a good photo of my car for my avatar. I am also thinking of changing my numberplates to personalized one.

yeah you should get the avatar set up so we know how your ride looks like..personalized numberplates and you wont be missed :)

Edited by Vijith555

yeah you should get the avatar set up so we know how your ride looks like..personalized numberplates and you wont be missed :)

Yep, my Presara makes that clunking noise when I first drive off after the car has parked overnight. Usually happens after I reverse it out of the driveway, put it in Drive, and move off. Never noticed it after the first drive of the day though...

Fact or Fiction - There is a little known quirk the Aurions have in that if you've been feeding it PULP eg. Caltex Vortex 98, and one day you decide to use a Woolies 8c a litre discount voucher for cheap and nasty ULP 91, the fuel lid actually detaches from the car and b*tch slaps some sense into you.

Cheers,

BB