Michelin Primacy LC

-DAvo

Hey all,

In the search for some new tyres, now I pretty much had my heart set on a set of Bridgestone Potenza Adrenaline tyres... however I went into the tyre shop today ready to order 4 of these, but the manager drew my attention to the Michelin Primacy LC tyres.

Now I am aware that the Bridgestone tyre is more of a performance tyre whereas the Michelin is more of a "passenger tyre"

I am conflicted in choosing between the two tyres.. so I'm hoping I can get some good advice from those who have had experiences with either tyre.

My thoughts atm are:

Bridgestone.

Pros:

1. Cheaper

2. Good reviews form fellow aurion owners

cons:

1. Unsure of "quietness" of the tyre.

2. Needs to warm up before providing "good" grip?

3. wear/life span being a "performance" tyre

Michelin.

Pros:

1. Fuel saving technology (GreenX)

2. supposed to be a very quiet tyre

3. good lfie span?

Cons:

1. More expensive (approx $50.00 difference per tyre)

2. possible gimmick (greenX)

As you can see, my main priority with my tyres go in the follow order

1. Quiet

2. Good grip in wet conditions

3. Cost effective

4. fuel efficient

My driving style is basically - i like to drive at the speed limit (if not occasionally a bit over :P) my main commutes are approx 23-30km's one way. reaching speeds up to 110km/hr

i am no slouch when driving but i do like to avoid seeing the fuel pump more than once a week... :P

so! having that information, any input which you guys can give would be greatly appretiated.

Regards

Dave ;)

Edited by -DAvo

Have you looked into other tyre brands Dave? The RE001 are not the way to go with what you have stated there. I know there's a different Bridgestone more mated to your driving style but I don't remember which one off the top of my head :(

EDIT: The Potenza RE040 or RE050 suit you better..

Edited by and1

Have you looked into other tyre brands Dave? The RE001 are not the way to go with what you have stated there. I know there's a different Bridgestone more mated to your driving style but I don't remember which one off the top of my head :(

EDIT: The Potenza RE040 or RE050 suit you better..

hey andy,

thanks for the reply. i did look into the RE050, but they dont make it in the size i need, and i think the price would be a fair bit more than what im looking at spending.

i guess you are right thou, the potenza, while appealing, might not be the most practical opton for my driving needs..

I thought you were getting 18's?

What size tyres are you getting?

sorry i should have specified this before, must of slipped my mind :P

im getting 17's... so i need 215/55 R17

think ill end up going the michelin's, seems to fit my driving better than then potenza?

Did you get the tyres? Mounted? Pictures?

not yet sorry :( been dragging my feet...

picking up the final wheel next monday, then will go in and book it in for fitting...

pretty keen for the michelins. i like the idea of improved fuel eff... and silence.. :P better for my ICE :):)

will post up some pics when i get it all done..

• 2 months later...

so davo, did u end up getting these?

when i first saw these, i thought they looked too similar to the Toyo Teo Plus's

and michelin also stated the same benifits and ability to the Toyo's. The toyo's were out a full 3-4years before these michelins.

I've had my toyo teo plus on 215/55/16s on for 2.5yrs, and have done around 37,000kms on them, all i can say is, they are absolutely brilliant for $160 or UNDER per pot, made in japan tyres.

its unbelievable how much tread i have left seeing i run these tyres to the ground...

alot of tyre manufacturers are copying the toyo teo plus pattern tread :(

EDIT: oh and btw, very comfortable. extremely silient for the size, and my my, on the eastlink in vic, it always feels like your on air. for a threadwear rating of 300, its incredible. google these and u'll find so many ppl loving these on their rides!

Edited by Wixy

so davo, did u end up getting these?

when i first saw these, i thought they looked too similar to the Toyo Teo Plus's

and michelin also stated the same benifits and ability to the Toyo's. The toyo's were out a full 3-4years before these michelins.

I've had my toyo teo plus on 215/55/16s on for 2.5yrs, and have done around 37,000kms on them, all i can say is, they are absolutely brilliant for $160 or UNDER per pot, made in japan tyres.

its unbelievable how much tread i have left seeing i run these tyres to the ground...

alot of tyre manufacturers are copying the toyo teo plus pattern tread :(

EDIT: oh and btw, very comfortable. extremely silient for the size, and my my, on the eastlink in vic, it always feels like your on air. for a threadwear rating of 300, its incredible. google these and u'll find so many ppl loving these on their rides!

ended up going for the bridgestone potenza adrenalins instead.. coming from the stock dunlops the bridgestones were a blessing in every department.

• 9 months later...

I've got my 4 tires changed last week to Michelin Primacy LC 215/55/R17 for $200 each at Bob Jane TMart.

Very Quiet and comfortable tires - almost the same performance as the original MXV8 ones . The only setback is that they are a bit EX.

Hi guys,

What life span do you expect from Michelin Primacy LC 215/55 R17 ?

I bought used Aurion Presara with 65k odometer reading. Tyres were nearly worn out. I still wondering if it was a first set of if it was the second set.

Anyway I have no idea what life span I can expect from these tyres.

I fit new set (same tyres) half a year ago and did wheel alignment. I did about 15k since then. Today I was told front tyres need to be replaced. I know it's my fault I didn't check wearing. Seems to me wheel alignment was really bad.

EDIT: I jsut check kms. In fact I did 15k.

Edited by KostyaTr