Best Oil

Not sure where to get the filter but you may want to check with Toyota first if they agree that this is a valid part to be using.

When I picked my car up I advised them that I would be changing the oil and filter between each toyota service.

They had no problem with this but I insisted that I use only a genuine toyota filter as the service dept may be able to use this as a loophole later if anything goes wrong.

I realise that a TRD filter is still a Toyota part but a quick phone call to your dealer surely wont hurt.

Don't think its covered if its TRD USA. TRD Japan maybe.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, just wondering if any of you have any experience with penrite 10 tenths 75W-90 gear oil?

I'm putting it in the gearbox on Thursday. It is designed for motorcycles and highly strung racing gearboxes so I hope it's better than the standard... a little bit cheaper than the Redline and came in a handy 2.5L bottle too (the gearbox takes 2.3L so perfectly allowing for some spillage)...

I'll keep you informed on the results too....

• 10 months later...

Guys i saw some castrol synthetic oil its castrols new range.

5w 40 and the price was $50

what do you think too expensive for our rollas?

what oil does toyota put in our cars local (AUS)?

and when the car is bought new from japan what oil do they use?

that's that i've just put into my car Pete... feels a lot better then the Fuchs stuff I had in there before.

I was going to get Royal Purple, but decided against it as it is not as easilly available and pretty costly.

but the Castrol Edge 5-30 (the one I used) is pretty good and cost me $50 from supercheap.

that's that i've just put into my car Pete... feels a lot better then the Fuchs stuff I had in there before.

I was going to get Royal Purple, but decided against it as it is not as easilly available and pretty costly.

but the Castrol Edge 5-30 (the one I used) is pretty good and cost me $50 from supercheap.

thanks dylan!

thats the name castrol edge! when i saw $50 i was :blink:

the 0w 40 is $70 top of the range im guessing?

Nothing from those stores liek supercheap beats and feels as smoooth as sheel helix Ultra 5w - 40. They really do use it in ferraris and engines that rev up to 12 grand.

I juust put the castrol edge stuff in and i wanan go take it back and put the sheel back in.

This is the one im talking about.

new_ultra_5l_80.jpg

A fully synthetic motor oil that's ideal for diesel, LPG or gasoline engines, in modern prestige and sports cars, particularly those less than two years old, whose engines run faster and hotter in order to achieve ultimate performance.

Shell Helix Ultra delivers maximum engine clean up properties, with special cleansing agents, which actively and continuously locks away harmful dirt and deposits.

Shell Helix Ultra provides remarkable long-term oxidation stability giving your car’s engine extended protection from wear. It also minimises engine noise, and conditions and protects engines from the extra stresses of driving in modern traffic.

Suitable for turbocharged unleaded engines.

Nothing from those stores liek supercheap beats and feels as smoooth as sheel helix Ultra 5w - 40. They really do use it in ferraris and engines that rev up to 12 grand.

I juust put the castrol edge stuff in and i wanan go take it back and put the sheel back in.

new_ultra_5l_80.jpg

A fully synthetic motor oil that's ideal for diesel, LPG or gasoline engines, in modern prestige and sports cars, particularly those less than two years old, whose engines run faster and hotter in order to achieve ultimate performance.

Shell Helix Ultra delivers maximum engine clean up properties, with special cleansing agents, which actively and continuously locks away harmful dirt and deposits.

Shell Helix Ultra provides remarkable long-term oxidation stability giving your car’s engine extended protection from wear. It also minimises engine noise, and conditions and protects engines from the extra stresses of driving in modern traffic.

hahaha dude are u sponsored by shell or something?? it seems that ur using all the shell's product!! :D

new_ultra_5l_80.jpg

hahaha dude are u sponsored by shell or something?? it seems that ur using all the shell's product!! :D

hahah yeah well i use the 100 octane shell fuel

maybe the mixture of all these things helps my car?? who knows.

im gonna try the shell trnasmission oil...

but i cant find it at repco... DAMN!!!

I saw it at Supercheap last time I was in there, they can also order it for you if it's not in stock

its a thin oil, and you will see each 5000km/h its probably best to change it.

oh yes stupid me! (fully synthetic) but if you drive responsibly its all good! :rolleyes:

but that never happens! :lol:

Go Castrol Edge!

change it every 5000km though

I am using Mobi1 10w-30? Everytime change oil at 10000km...Is that ok? Does Castrol Edge have to change at 5K?

So basically, Castol is more expensive than Mobil1 consider you need to change at 5K.

Go Castrol Edge!

change it every 5000km though

I am using Mobi1 10w-30? Everytime change oil at 10000km...Is that ok? Does Castrol Edge have to change at 5K?

So basically, Castol is more expensive than Mobil1 consider you need to change at 5K.

because its a synthetic oil its pretty thin but 10k is ok to change im pretty sure!

My mechanic(Uncle), has worked for toyota for 10 years, i have tested most of the oils on the market with my cars and when it came to elf, imported oil barrels, which is is mixed overseas rather than in australia, it turned out to be the best oil ever made, for my experiences and friends, the following cars have been tested on:

Toyota corolla 05'(My Current Car / gf)

Mercedes Benz c200 05'(mums)

Holden GTS 06'(dads)

BMW X5 04'(COMPANY CAR)

Holden Calibra 92'(My old car)

and many more...

its quite expensive since it is imported but comparing to most syntetic premixed australian oils, it is much better in my perspective. All i can say is dont brag until you try.