Waiting on delivery of kluger but my trade taken

snewton

Hi Guys

I ordered my KXS in March and was told it would be delivered around mid May. Last week the dealer called and asked for my trade vehicle to be bought in as they wanted it and they would supply me with another car. Is this normal? Do I have any rights as to what car they give me in the interim? One other question I would like to ask you all. Those of you who had to wait for your Kluger did they came when the dealer estimated?

Sharne

Hi Guys

I ordered my KXS in March and was told it would be delivered around mid May. Last week the dealer called and asked for my trade vehicle to be bought in as they wanted it and they would supply me with another car. Is this normal? Do I have any rights as to what car they give me in the interim? One other question I would like to ask you all. Those of you who had to wait for your Kluger did they came when the dealer estimated?

Sharne

Never give them ur current car until delivery of the new car..

Hi Guys

Sharne

I would talk with them - they might have a buyer for the trade in and I am sure they will give you a reasonable car in the interim - they might give you a demo Kluger to drive. Make sure you are happy with the replacement, of course.

If you have all the paperwork sorted - I don't think there is any real risk - the sale contract still stands - even more so when they have some of the consideration.

Make sure it is clear you have handed over the trade in to them and you are no longer responsible for it.

I only had to wait a week or so - but my Kluger was delivered on the day as written into the sales contract.

I sold my other car privately so no trade in this time - but I gave it to the new owner well before I had the Kluger - because they wanted it.

Everyone was happy - we were all getting new cars :)

It's sensible to protect yourself - but be reasonable and create goodwill when you can.

Thanks so much Hado. Really appreciate your reply. The car they offered me in return for my 2006 Xtrail Ti was a 17 yr old camry. My husband refused it. We have 2 little girls and do highway driving everyday, so a car with some safety features is needed.

When we refused the car the dealer said he maybe able to find me a Kluger earlier and he would get straight onto it and get back to me. Haven't heard back from him yet. It is a small country town and this is the only Toyota dealer so I am being very good about it all. But I do feel that I should be given a replacement that is similar to the trade.

Can't wait for my Kluger.

Thanks again