Customisable Functions p.410

ope126

Hi All,

I refer to page 410 of the owners manual.

Has anyone had any success changing any of these functions?

Is there a "How To" or is it "Dealer Only" for these changes?

This is what I would like to do;

- Disable "buzzer" when you lock / un-lock the vehicle with the remote.

- Activate "Auto Lock' function when the vehicle moves, un-lock when ignition key removed.

Open to thoughts...

These functions require you to go to your dealer since the parameters for these are set in the ECU. The only way to adjust them is by connecting their Intelligent Tester to your car though it's OBD2 port.

These functions require you to go to your dealer since the parameters for these are set in the ECU. The only way to adjust them is by connecting their Intelligent Tester to your car though it's OBD2 port.

Thanks for that, will take a trip down to my local dealer to get these done!

- Disable "buzzer" when you lock / un-lock the vehicle with the remote.

I had the dealer disable the buzzer at the same time as they were fitting some other accessories which came in 3-4 weeks after delivery. They did it at no charge.

I have taken the car to Toyota and have disabled the buzzer for locking / un-locking the vehicle.

Unfortunatly we are unable to activate the "Auto Lock" function as it is un-available in OZ (supposably)...

sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by "buzzer"? :huh:

When I lock or unlock the car using the remote control I get either one or two beeps, is this what you mean and you're turning that sound off?

I can't think of any other "buzz"?

sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by "buzzer"? :huh:

When I lock or unlock the car using the remote control I get either one or two beeps, is this what you mean and you're turning that sound off?

I can't think of any other "buzz"?

Buzzer / Buzz / Beep what ever that annoying noise is when you lock / un-lock the doors!

It is now gone!

I have taken the car to Toyota and have disabled the buzzer for locking / un-locking the vehicle.

Unfortunatly we are unable to activate the "Auto Lock" function as it is un-available in OZ (supposably)...

Unable or just not willing to break some rules? Is there anything in ADR about autolocks? Can't be any logical reason to ban it that I can think of.

Would be interesting if someone could get a hold of the configuration device to see what really can or can't be done on the Aussie Klugers. I doubt they would make a special logic chip just for the AU Klugers.

Unable or just not willing to break some rules? Is there anything in ADR about autolocks? Can't be any logical reason to ban it that I can think of.

Would be interesting if someone could get a hold of the configuration device to see what really can or can't be done on the Aussie Klugers. I doubt they would make a special logic chip just for the AU Klugers.

I'm keen to see if the steering wheel control could move the radio volume up and down in larger increments, changing the volume by say 5 each time rather than just one.

I hate the steering wheel control, its soooooo slow it makes me reach for the dial/knob and then I get irritated becuase that is too small, has chrome surround and is too close to the radio's edge arrrgh mad.gif

Whoops, wondered off-topic there for a bit, sorry, minor rant...

Edited by whofan

I drove a Hyundai van last week for work and when I drove out of Avis and got the speed up I heard a clunk. Didnt know what it was until I went to get out and noticed all the doors were locked. Took it for another drive and sure enough the doors locked when you started driving. When you used the drivers control to unlock them while driving they instantly relocked.

I guess there is no issue with regs if rentals are using them!

I drove a Hyundai van last week for work and when I drove out of Avis and got the speed up I heard a clunk. Didnt know what it was until I went to get out and noticed all the doors were locked. Took it for another drive and sure enough the doors locked when you started driving. When you used the drivers control to unlock them while driving they instantly relocked.

That`s correct. Also, during my many test drives last year, I tested Hyundai i30`s and Dodge Nitro`s and Jeep Cherokees.....all had the auto lock feature.

That`s correct. Also, during my many test drives last year, I tested Hyundai i30`s and Dodge Nitro`s and Jeep Cherokees.....all had the auto lock feature.

Most new cars also sold in the USA market have this feature - its to reduce the likelihood of car jacking

Holden Commodores from 6 years ago had these features!

On my mates Commodore SS you could go into the trip computer and turn them on or off yourself. There were various ones including the auto door lock, and turning the

door lock horn sound off and on.

Annoying that Toyota do not offer all of these in Australia, and that Toyota would even make features like these a dealer only setup???

Edited by wilsact

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone tried the procedure below to stop the seat belt warning?

Allegedly it works for some Toyota models.

(1) Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (note: that's "ON", not "READY", so with the foot OFF the brake pedal).

(2) Press the ODO/TRIP switch until the odometer displays "ODO".

(3) Turn the ignition switch off.

(4) Turn the ignition switch to the ON position again.

(5) Press the ODO/TRIP switch immediately (within 6 seconds or as soon as the chimes go off) and hold it down for 10 seconds or more (note: some people swore by waiting for longer, up to 45 secs).

(6) Continue holding down the ODO/TRIP switch and fasten the driver side seat belt - about 12 seconds (note: some folks claim you have to both buckle AND unbuckle)

(7) Check that the odometer displays either "b-on" or "b-oFF".

(8) Press the ODO/TRIP switch to change the display to "b-oFF".

(9) Turn the ignition switch off.

(10)Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.

(11)Check that no buzzer sounds.

Repeat from passenger side if desired

• Like 1