Aurion Security Test

mikka

Thanks to my 3 year old son's decision to have some fun this morning by hiding the one set of car keys we have in the boot of the Aurion I can now vouch for the security system's effectiveness. It took two locksmiths half an hour and the alarm went off 5 times before they were able to gain entry which I think is a pretty good effort from the old Aurion.

Fair enough , but leave something valuable in plain sight in the car and it will only take some scumbag about 10 seconds to smash a window , reach in , grab the item and be off on their merry way.

Well, I guess you have hopefully learnt your lesson then.

Fair enough , but leave something valuable in plain sight in the car and it will only take some scumbag about 10 seconds to smash a window , reach in , grab the item and be off on their merry way.

This is quite true. The standard immobiliser/alarm combo doesn't have a glass breakage detector. If they want something out of the car, it's as easy as a broken window. Even if the alarm went off (or you have an aftermarket alarm with glass breakage detection), people still don't tend to care, and it doesn't take long to take stuff out of the car.

My old Camry I've had to break into a couple of times. People just look at you and keep on walking while you pop the hood and silence the alarm. People just don't want to risk approaching potential thieves these days.

Alarms and locks only stop honest people.

I've learnt that I shouldn't have taught a 3 year old how to operate the key fob boot open button :rolleyes:

Anyone know the best place for a replacement keyfob/key - am I stuck with the dealer price?

I'm sure you all remember the good old "Club Locks" and variations of these.

Hardly anyone seems to use them these days.

I had my Aunger brand club lock in the boot, unused for about 5 years, so threw it out to save lugging around the extra weight.