Suspension

Hey guys,

My friend just bought a 05 conquest hatch. i just recently noticed that the rear has been lowered and not the front. is this common to see cars like this?

I'm just wondering is this bad for the car? should it be kept that way or should she go get it all leveled out.

Cheers

are you sure it's been lowered? maybe its had a lot of weight in the back for a long time and the suspensions sagged?

if you're sure it's been lowered, and there's nothing wrong with how the suspension is functioning, then i wouldn't worry about it unless you think it's ugly.

it does seem silly that someone would do that though.

are you sure it's been lowered? maybe its had a lot of weight in the back for a long time and the suspensions sagged?

if you're sure it's been lowered, and there's nothing wrong with how the suspension is functioning, then i wouldn't worry about it unless you think it's ugly.

it does seem silly that someone would do that though.

AGREED!!!! UNKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeh im sure that the back has been lowered, i got a smash repairer i knew to look at it yesterday as well and he noticed that, but forgot to ask if its bad for the car or anything.

it does look ugly like that.

the car needs a wheel alignment badly though and ill get her to ask the guys there what they think.

but no one else has experienced or seen other cars like that?

Edited by DemonRolla

Ive heard of people lowering and softening the front for better traction on the front wheels but i have never heard of any one lowering just the rear ........ maybe he set it up like that so the car looked like it was lifting the front up heaps on launch :P;)

Ive heard of people lowering and softening the front for better traction on the front wheels but i have never heard of any one lowering just the rear ........ maybe he set it up like that so the car looked like it was lifting the front up heaps on launch :P;)

haha it does look like it can launch, but she bought the car like that and i didnt notice it till a few days ago. but yeh its pretty weird how the previous owner did it and they did a really bad job on painting the brake pads red aswell, as some paint was on the actual wheel and discs.

also, found out that the car was converted from a manual transmission.

a smash repairer can tell you a lot by just looking at it for 2mins.

Take a pic. Easier for us to tell you. Also have you looked under the car? Have you looked at the colour of the the springs?

surprisingly its not a write off. (even though the quite a few parts of the car were replaced including the front right quarter panel (fender? and the front inside bumper thing: lol noob descriptions.)

i will take some photos and check under the car to see what springs, compare the front back ones.

heres a description of the car:

she bought it for $14k.

conquest, 25000km on the odo, full leather interior/trim, side skirts, tints..

noticed:

-rear windscreen replaced (smash repairer said, there was a decal sticker placed there before and when removed it damaged the windscreen.

-lowered back only

-was previously a manual car, and so the car was really loud from the inside when accelerating due to a hole that wasnt blocked up (thats now fixed with a rubber stop the smash repairer fitted)

-bad diy painting of brake pads

i think she over paid for it, even the smash repairer said he thinks its worth 12k there abouts- even with the low kms.

anyways will get pics uploaded soon to see what u guys think . (its the silver rolla in my dp btw)

if the cars been in a head on collision or side collision, it could have been damaged and they had to replace the springs. which is probably why u have the stockies in the front.

but if you do go and buy the lowered springs, make sure they are the correct part numbers. (can't see if the rears are super lows or just lows.) just look for the part no on the rears

king springs part nos

front lows - KTFL-105

rear lows - KTRL-106

front superlows - KTFL-105SL

rear superlows - KTRL-106SL

they make rear standard size too

KTRS-106

hope this helps

edit: those DIY brake calipers ain't that bad! thats how i did mine too! i think that guys is a cleaner job i got some on my noise making shim =_=

Edited by Kenshin X

if the cars been in a head on collision or side collision, it could have been damaged and they had to replace the springs. which is probably why u have the stockies in the front.

but if you do go and buy the lowered springs, make sure they are the correct part numbers. (can't see if the rears are super lows or just lows.) just look for the part no on the rears

king springs part nos

front lows - KTFL-105

rear lows - KTRL-106

front superlows - KTFL-105SL

rear superlows - KTRL-106SL

they make rear standard size too

KTRS-106

hope this helps

edit: those DIY brake calipers ain't that bad! thats how i did mine too! i think that guys is a cleaner job i got some on my noise making shim =_=

yeah im really unsure what has happened to the car. a few of the parts in front of the car has been replaced, which makes it look as though it has been in a moderate collision, but its not listed on revs. :huh:

i'll ask my friend what she wants to do about it. but i dont think she has the money right now.

thanks for the info.

Man that looks funny... LOL!! lower the front n itll look hott!!

haha yeh it does.. i might get my friend just get some stock springs and return it to stock height. dont think its good for her to drive a lowered car... she already broke one of her mudflaps and scraped the other.. im wondering what would happened to the front if that was lowered too :lol:

haha yeh it does.. i might get my friend just get some stock springs and return it to stock height. dont think its good for her to drive a lowered car... she already broke one of her mudflaps and scraped the other.. im wondering what would happened to the front if that was lowered too :lol:

good choice, i think someone was giving them away on the forum... if he hasn't given them out already :P

good choice, i think someone was giving them away on the forum... if he hasn't given them out already :P

yeah haha, im gonna have to ask her what she wants to do.

Does anyone know if the car is left like that, will it affect handling/ the car/ suspension in the long run?

not really if ur friend takes it easy. i doubt she'd be doing any "spirited driving"? :P just looks funny, i'd laugh for 2 seconds and after be like who gives :P