K & N Air Filter

Wellsie

Yes :)

I think its the same for the 2.4 and the 3.0 but someone else can confirm that for me.

Link to part number: http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=33-2260

Here is one on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TOYOTA-CAMRY-K-N-HIGH-FLOW-AIR-FILTER-HIGH-PERFORMANCE_W0QQitemZ260576167864QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3cab8cc7b8

or you can go to some auto places like supercheap and they can order it in for you for aorund the same price from memmory.

Hope that helps

Edited by addy287

Hey guys

quick question, can you get K & N replacement filters that would fit into a 2002 Camary Sportivo?

Cheers, Wellsie

From what I've read about plausible improvements, I Understand improvement may be !% or 2% . Is it worth it?

From what I've read about plausible improvements, I Understand improvement may be !% or 2% . Is it worth it?

Don't think of it as a performance improvement. Think more cost saving. It all depends on how cheap a standard air filter for your car costs.

For example, on my Aurion, a standard filter costs about $25-$30. A reusable panel filter can be had for around $70-90. Add on a cleaning kit for around $15 as well. Basically, the filter pays itself off after the distance/time used when you would change the standard filter around 3 times. Depending on how often you change your filter, this can pay off relatively quick, and after that it's considered a saving.

Hey guys

quick question, can you get K & N replacement filters that would fit into a 2002 Camary Sportivo?

Cheers, Wellsie

I think u can feel the different, when u use it specially with 91 unleaded.

Hey guys

Cheers, Wellsie

interesting...

anywho, cost saving is the main reason i purchased it. $80 for my 02 gen 4.5 camry, and better built than those oem tissue paper crap.

at high revs the engine is a lot louder as you would get from installing a pod filter, though not that extreme. in terms of feeling the difference, i dont feel any, just sounds louder. not after a performance boost, but for me it will cost the same as purchasing 2 to 3 stock oem air filters over the lifetime of the car, so why not just get the better one?

youre also helping the environment too AHAHA

Edited by Wixy

Hey guys

Cheers, Wellsie

interesting...

anywho, cost saving is the main reason i purchased it. $80 for my 02 gen 4.5 camry, and better built than those oem tissue paper crap.

at high revs the engine is a lot louder as you would get from installing a pod filter, though not that extreme. in terms of feeling the difference, i dont feel any, just sounds louder. not after a performance boost, but for me it will cost the same as purchasing 2 to 3 stock oem air filters over the lifetime of the car, so why not just get the better one?

youre also helping the environment too AHAHA

louder interesting...... I thought it only happen on high performance intake kits.

In my case, the ACR40 ECU will adjust the setting based on the car condition and day-to-day driving.

at high revs the engine is a lot louder as you would get from installing a pod filter, though not that extreme.

A drop in panel filter will be nowhere close to as loud as a SRI/CAI with pod filter. The comparison between the two, regardless of the car, is like night and day.

Just don't want to get anyone's hopes up.

at high revs the engine is a lot louder as you would get from installing a pod filter, though not that extreme.

A drop in panel filter will be nowhere close to as loud as a SRI/CAI with pod filter. The comparison between the two, regardless of the car, is like night and day.

But from your knowledge.....with the engine being perfectly tuned. Was there a noticable difference with having a pod?

But from your knowledge.....with the engine being perfectly tuned. Was there a noticable difference with having a pod?

Sound wise, OMG yes! Performance, LOL.

^ This.

When I switched from a K&N panel to a K&N pod the sound difference was amazing. The engine roar was delicious. I say was because certain things attached to my engine has changed the intake noise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK8KIvYMzSA

^ This.

When I switched from a K&N panel to a K&N pod the sound difference was amazing. The engine roar was delicious. I say was because certain things attached to my engine has changed the intake noise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK8KIvYMzSA

Cool and amazing...

• 2 weeks later...

hence i mentioned 'not that extreme'

i would refer to a change from panel to CAI an extreme. LOL. of course pods and CAI would be uber in terms of sound.

my friends got a mirror image camry to mine, but normal tissuepaper filter. its defintely not as loud as mine. his ears were planted in my car. difference is negligible but driving his car everyday and then planting his ears in mine, it could tell the difference without me mentioning anything.

i find it so funny though that manufacturers market an aftermarket panel as a performance boost. they should really promote the durability and longetivity spectrum.