2005 Sydney Motor Show

Hey guys,

On a previous post I mentioned looking for the dates for the Sydney Motor Show.

Well the dates are:

13 - 23 Oct 2005

I will be departing Brisbane on Thursday 20th October, overnighting in Nambucca Heads then onto Sydney on Friday.

My plans are to visit the Motor Show on the Saturday, then hopefully all you folk in Sydney will be having a meet on Sunday.

If your not, I will have one by myself, and if people turn up then fine...

I know a little around Sydney, but not sure the places to meet so I am relying on some experienced TOCAU'ers to help me arrange this.

We have great regular meets here in Brisbane, both the weekly Thursday Night ones as well as the one-off ones. I am hoping you guys in Sydeny can show me how great yours are there...

I am hoping that there may be some Brisbane guys wanting to trip down as well and even some Melbourne/Canberra guys to come up for that day. (Adelaide & Perth, you can come if you like too :))

Please let me know what you all think. Maybe we can make this a regular Annual Meet....

Cheers

Aaron

That'll be Sun 23 October

We'll make it Homebush Olympic Park, Carpark 6 as per usual

meet at 10am for 10:30 start...

still a few (4) months away so plenty of time for a route to be determined :)

Azza if you want to run convoy back to Brisbane, that week could be a good one to go up and visit my brother :D

But come on guys, lets make this one HUGE... There's plenty of time to prepare...

thanks for starting this Azza, had to be done at some stage

Cheers

Dylan

Edited by Blue_Stivo

I will actually be spending a couple of days in Sydney, so I am hoping I can didtch the wife at one of those squillions of shopping centres that Sydney has and let me explore.... :P :P :P

Any Brissy people wanting to go down, as I said, I will be driving it down over 2 days stopping in Nambucca....your welcome to convoy there and back.

Dylan has already said he'll follow back...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

BUMP!!!

However - due to circumstances beyond my control, I may not be there with the car. I may just now be flying down for the Saturday, so I'd be looking at having someone maybe give me a lift from the Airport, come along to the show with me, and drop me back at the airport.**cough**Dylan** :P :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

I was faced with two options this week...

Cold Air & trip to Sydney....

or

iPod & trip to Europe....

Sorry lads, I'm going to the UK... :P :P :P

Azza, I did the Maths and the logic makes no sense...

I understand the decision but lets see...

CAI + Sydney = ~$1000 if staying a night or 2

iPod + Europe = ~$5000 - $10,000 depending on the time span

Just the cost in going to Sydney (without the cost of the CAI) will pay for my iPod....so Mrs Azza put her foot down......grumble grumble....

maybe we could do another springwood run

up the windy raods

down mitchells pass and

i didnt go to this part but do the natio run that the mirage lancer group did

i could try to organise it again with all the other clubs

too

upto you guys it was a good turn out last time and hopefully better this time if thats what you decide to do

• 1 month later...

its right smack bang in the middle of my hsc exams... BUT... i will come and meet you guys at homebush and come maybe for a part of a cruise if you guys are doing it...

its only maths the monday after... she'll be right...

itd be good to meet some of you guys and get some ideas for what im going to do with my limited savings :P

keep up the communication and lets organise something...