ZRE RIMS, Your Opinion

Hey guys,

My stock tires are running pretty bald and I need to acquire some new ones.

While i'm There I am going to buy a set of 4 wheels as well.

I have found a website called

http://www.tempetyres.com.au/

They have some pretty cool stuff and a great range.

Here are some of the wheels that I am thinking of getting.

My corolla is Wildfire Colour.

Also how BIG should I get them.

all of these wheels range up to 18".

post-16934-127267347779_thumb.jpgpost-16934-127267349258_thumb.jpg

post-16934-127267353086_thumb.jpg

post-16934-127267354287_thumb.jpg

post-16934-127267355647_thumb.jpg

Your Opinions PLEASE!???

My preferences would be the first or the last one. But ive got a set of alloys at home that look similar to the second last one. I'll spray it black after exams with a tiny red lip on a red ZRE as well.

Tempe Tyres are pretty good . ATM they have some cool packages (17inch) starting at $899.00

(http://www.tempetyres.com.au/pages.asp?ID=Akuma+And+Kuro)

Just a shame the shipping will add to the price (unless you drive down here lol)

As for opinions , i would pick the last wheel (from the top) as well.

Best would be to visit : http://www.bobjane.com.au/virtual-wheels.html

Here you can select your Car - Make/Model/Year + Colour and see how different wheels would look on your car.

They might not have the same range (Bob and Tempte but the styles will be similar)

I prefer 17in over the 18 for 2 reasons ;

1)Tyres are cheaper to replace as its a more Common size.

2)Find the car easy to manage and steer with the smaller size.Plus it does have a bearing on acceletration.

Some might disagree but this is my opinion ..

• 7 months later...

The white ones on the right depending on the colour of your car... I had black and chrome wheels and they took for ever to get clean. I now have the 17' rims that are an option on the 2010 aurion.

Those are Toyota Genuine Kappas. Come as an option or you can get them separately.

I like the first and last one as well.

The white ones on the right depending on the colour of your car... I had black and chrome wheels and they took for ever to get clean. I now have the 17' rims that are an option on the 2010 aurion.

Those are Toyota Genuine Kappas. Come as an option or you can get them separately.

They look good on the car though

Any 17x8 wheel with a good offset (about +30) is good IMO so they sit nice n flush with the guards then get some 205/45R17 tyres so the tyres slightly taper in for guard clearance from rubbing.

There is a LOT more to wheels that which ones u like the look of best.

i agree with the last poster, get some decent width and offset with your rims

guards on zre are huge, so 17's look wayyyy to small IMHO, so 18x7.5 or better 8 or even perhaps more

Of course, wider means heavier, but driving a zre, your going nowhere in a hurry, so no need to worry about that

Where is dutchie, check is sig, there nice looking rims on a zre

whitestivo

Of course, wider means heavier, but driving a zre, your going nowhere in a hurry, so no need to worry about that

whitestivo

Your such a ******, ever since the ZRE came out you have had that same attitude. You make out like it's got the power of An old Morris.. I understand you don't like them but for ******s sake does every ZRE reply from you have to be negative? You obviously have never heard " if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all" you never bag a ZZE Ascent do you? Your a " my way or no way" kind of guy.. Lift this lift that bla bla bla

rayrei runs 18x9.5 on his with an osset of around +30 i think. unless you getting 17s with massivly low offset froget it

Loooool mate sorta flush where offset is something lol yeah I can run 18x9.5 with 35offset sits pretty nice lol I'll take a pic sometime the rims are Rota Grids lol but right now I run work emotion Xd9s 18x8s all round 28 offsset all round I think didnt roll guards til I got really fat tyres lol oh btw federal Rpms are awesome lol

rayrei runs 18x9.5 on his with an osset of around +30 i think. unless you getting 17s with massivly low offset froget it

Lol btw Rowan **** lol man Audi s3 vs seans colt haha thought be even but I was wrong haha pulled 3 cars on it so hurry up and fix ur colt mate lol I might consider getting one Woot Woot

+1 both Kappa 17s and 18s look good on the car :)

Tempe Tyres have great looking wheels, but personally (my own opinion) the "quality" of their wheels arent as good as they should be..

+1 both Kappa 17s and 18s look good on the car :)

Advanti make nice wheels but they come at a price... My dad had a set of 22" on his vz ss crewman I think he got them imported from Italy. Quality is best but if you don't have the cash go with something cheaper like Rodney Jane or eBay has some good ads just keep looking and you might save yourself a **** load of $$$

Tempe Tyres have great looking wheels, but personally (my own opinion) the "quality" of their wheels arent as good as they should be..