Need Help PLEASE!!

i'm fairly new to this forum and topic, just had a few questions as looking at buying a second hand 2008 toyota levin ZR privately,

Currently have a 2000 corolla, my mums, lol

i noticed the compliance plate has 2 rivets on either side on the levin zr,is this normal?

also when i have looked at other toyota's their compliance plate is black and this one is this silver metal, does anyone have a 2008 corolla levin ZR with silver compliance plates?they are located on the rear passenger door ?

just asking as forking out a bit of money, cheers

Edited by corollaware

i'm fairly new to this forum and topic, just had a few questions as looking at buying a second hand 2008 toyota levin ZR privately,

Currently have a 2000 corolla, my mums, lol

i noticed the compliance plate has 2 rivets on either side on the levin zr,is this normal?

also when i have looked at other toyota's their compliance plate is black and this one is this silver metal, does anyone have a 2008 corolla levin ZR with silver compliance plates?they are located on the rear passenger door ?

just asking as forking out a bit of money, cheers

It looks a bit iffy

You're investing a lot of money and if it goes pear shape you will take years to get out of debt and still be without a car !

Option 1

Get an inspection by a motoring organisation, NMRA or RACQ etc will cost about $150-

Option 2

Forget that car and find one at a legitimate Toyota dealership, buying from a dealer the law protects you from dodgy deals

Best of luck

As requested i just checked mine, rear passenger side has the TMCA silver plate with ONE rivet in the centre on each end.

Front passenger door has the Japanese plate in black, no rivets, decal type...

Are you in Syd and what area is this ZR for sale at? Good luck with it and try an inspection for sure. I think NRMA

have stopped their vehicle inspections but i think there are independant companies that do them,not sure who though..

Hope that helps a bit..

Cheers

Juvenile, your a legend, i feel so much more at ease :yahoo: , location at punchbowl , the guys is rushing me a bit, but i'll have the revs check done

he also has 2 receipts , one for 1000kms and the other for 6000, i'm at crows nest

it has 6000kms and i'm asking $21K, deposit has been paid but awaiting some final checks

i'm really really appreciative!!!!

hmmm Punchbowl....

Yes do all checks possible,take a mate as well to check stuff and see if it drives straight, any weird creaks,smoke,oil etc

if its standard and legit you shouldnt hear anything Oh and welcome to the club :)

Thats a shame, i had a feeling when you mentioned that area... Did you get your deposit back?

How about a Levin SX ? few thousand cheaper... Good luck with the search ;)

Yep, advertised with 39,000kms, when i pcked it up it had 42,000, apart from that it ROCKS!! :toast: , very nice car inside and out, couldn't help myself so decided to give it a wash and clean lol, thanks again for your help, being new at this will definitely ttry to catch up as wanting to get extra's lol

silly question, if some one breaks into it, do they just push start??

If they have your key, then yes. But that's just the same as any other car if they had your key. It would be pointless getting a key with your car if anyone could just start it like that.

That said, there is a way to start it without a key, but I don't think it should be mentioned here.

silly question, if some one breaks into it, do they just push start??

If they have your key, then yes. But that's just the same as any other car if they had your key. It would be pointless getting a key with your car if anyone could just start it like that.

That said, there is a way to start it without a key, but I don't think it should be mentioned here.

Interesting Daryl, we need to have a chat then in June ;)

Forget I said that. I had read some information incorrectly. That said though, it can still be done, but you would have to be well aware of what you're doing to get it running.

Forget I said that. I had read some information incorrectly. That said though, it can still be done, but you would have to be well aware of what you're doing to get it running.

lol , you guys crack me up......... :wacko: