I need a buffer on the cheap but decent

Since I could never afford a megs buffer (the type you have davo :P), where can I find at least a buffer that is LIKE the meg's buffer for around $150? If it has to posted to my address my budget will be lower because the max I really want to go is $150.

I heard about this mothers buffer but I tried googling mother's buffer to really crappy results.

So if people can help me out and please include links to where I can find a buffer that I can use to apply my swirlx and megs 2.0 liquid wax?

If someone can point me out to a buffer that is good and recommend I will buy it 100% as I've set aside money for this buffer so its just a matter of finding one.

Many many thanks.

edit: well looking through the net. It looks like the Mother wax attack kit is the best for a novice like me.

It comes with two pads which I will be using the first pad to apply the meg's SWIRLX then wipe off clean with the micro fibre cloth then use the second pad for megs 2.0 wax.

It's all coming together so far.

Using SwirlX by hand is the worst thing anyone can ever do. It's a tedious boring job and makes your shoulders fall off :(

edit again: does anyone have a wax attack kit? How is it to use on the products I mentioned?

Edited by unique

yeah for that budget i would of recommended the wax attack too.. im pretty happy with mine, but then ive onyl ever used to it apply wax... i recon it could work with swirlX, you just have to pay careful attention to the pressure:pad speed ratio... as you want to be applying enough pressure to make the swirlx work for you, but not enough that you stop the pad from rotating...

why dont you just save up a bit more for the g220? if i had it my way i would of just bought the g220 first go instead of the wax attack..

yeah for that budget i would of recommended the wax attack too.. im pretty happy with mine, but then ive onyl ever used to it apply wax... i recon it could work with swirlX, you just have to pay careful attention to the pressure:pad speed ratio... as you want to be applying enough pressure to make the swirlx work for you, but not enough that you stop the pad from rotating...

why dont you just save up a bit more for the g220? if i had it my way i would of just bought the g220 first go instead of the wax attack..

Thanks for the reply, that answered many of my questions in my head. I used swirlX with the megs hand applicator pads I got from supercheap and I can tell it DID make a difference in making the swirls "lighter" and not stick out like **** when in the correct lighting. So using the machine should be even better because by hand I go lazy and do a really dodgy job(sorry :ph34r: ). But even doing a dodgy job by hand swirlx made a difference in swirls (SwirlX is WAY better then Turtle scratch and swirl remover that I initially used).

What wax do you use with the wax attack?

Also, how are the pads that come with the wax attack kit? Do you know where I could get spares etc for it?

Sorry for all the questions but because of you there is now a good 99% chance I'll be picking one up tomorrow (from reading around the net it seems like only autobahn sells them, I'll call my local to check availability before I head off).

Also I'm passing on the G220 because it's passing my budget, plus I want to start off light as I've never used a buffer before.

When I have a more stable/better paid job I'll look into it. Don't forget mate, I still need to do mods($$) on the aurion. She's still stock as stock can be :lol:

Edited by unique

i use meguiars nxt 2.0 liquid wax with the mothers wax attack..

spare pads can be purchased from auto1 (auto bahn over east)or can be ordered from any mothers stockist...

as for the pads.. their basically cheapish fnishing pads... not ideal for swirl removal but better than nothing i guess - great for apply wax, not so great for correction, but with the right method i reckon they could do the job ok.